James Burleigh in Dallas Week of March 3 on Business

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I am available Monday night or Wednesday night (March 3 or 5). I think I'm out of class at 5:30, so there's gonna be a need for food. And since it's Texas, seems like steak or ribs ought to be on the menu.

I'll do whatever makes sense getting to a rendezvous point, but I'd like to minimize a potential $100 roundtrip taxi fare if I can help it, 'cause it ain't (that's Texas speak :D ) reimbursable.... :(

Hans

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm workin the 3rd thru the 6th. Off work round 7pm. After that I can meet up at where ever y'all are planning on gettin some grub.

JB---(my kind of scotch by the way) I would be happy to pick you up either day whenever you say. You name what you like to eat and we'll go there. I'll canvass the DFW gastronomical gurus for restaurant recommendations if you'll name your preference. Wife and I don't eat out that much anymore so I am not very current in that regard. Odot and any others that would like can meet us there. I have my annual physical scheduled for 9:30 AM on 6 Mar so I can't eat or drink after 9:30 PM on the 5th or I'll be pleading the 5th on the 6th.

As far as motorcycle talk is concerned, I am not as well versed on this machinery as Bounce so I'll just mumble my way along in the conversation. LOL, I think he could field strip his feejer by the side of the road with just a pair of pliers and a hammer.

Anyway, I am available.

PS I would rather not be seen picking up some dude with green hair and pink gloves.

John

JB---(my kind of scotch by the way) I would be happy to pick you up either day whenever you say. You name what you like to eat and we'll go there. I'll canvass the DFW gastronomical gurus for restaurant recommendations if you'll name your preference. Wife and I don't eat out that much anymore so I am not very current in that regard. Odot and any others that would like can meet us there. I have my annual physical scheduled for 9:30 AM on 6 Mar so I can't eat or drink after 9:30 PM on the 5th or I'll be pleading the 5th on the 6th.
As far as motorcycle talk is concerned, I am not as well versed on this machinery as Bounce so I'll just mumble my way along in the conversation. LOL, I think he could field strip his feejer by the side of the road with just a pair of pliers and a hammer.

Anyway, I am available.

PS I would rather not be seen picking up some dude with green hair and pink gloves.

John
Um, I think you mean green gloves.... Sheesh! Pink and green?! :glare: What were you thinking?! :blink: Don't you know pink and green CLASH!

Hey, John, thank you for the very generous offer! And I will gladly accept.

Both days are open for me (Mon / Wed), but to put a stake in the ground, and anticipate that we all become more tired and work-weary and crabby as the week goes by, how about Monday. Pick me up at 6:30? I will have to give you the exact hotel name, but it's definitely at DFW.

I'm not a big steak eater, but I do love baby-back ribs. But the fact of the matter is, I'm pretty omnivorous, so am not picky at all. Whatever works for the locals, or that they recommend.

Thanks again!

Hans

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyway, I am available.

John
Um, I think you mean green gloves.... Sheesh! Pink and green?! :glare: What were you thinking?! :blink: Don't you know pink and green CLASH!

Both days are open for me (Mon / Wed), but to put a stake in the ground, and anticipate that we all become more tired and work-weary and crabby as the week goes by, how about Monday. Pick me up at 6:30? I will have to give you the exact hotel name, but it's definitely at DFW.

I'm not a big steak eater, but I do love baby-back ribs. But the fact of the matter is, I'm pretty omnivorous, so am not picky at all. Whatever works for the locals, or that they recommend.

Thanks again!

Hans

Anyway, I am available.

John

Thanks again!

Hans

Anyway, I am available.

John

Thanks again!

Hans

Anyway, I am available.

John

Thanks again!

Hans
Hans---I didn't look back to your color picture prior to my post. My bad. Since I am past 70 I have a license that allows me to be forgetful. Monday 3 Mar 6:30 is fine with me. I'll PM my tele number to you.

John

And your reason for posting the same post 4 times.............. Odot is going to beat you like a baby seal.........And then Bustanut Joker is going to go Dixie Chik on your Ass........ Man, I'm glad I ain't you....... :dribble: :dribble:

Anyway, I am available.

John

Thanks again!

Hans

Anyway, I am available.

John

Thanks again!

Hans
Hans---I didn't look back to your color picture prior to my post. My bad. Since I am past 70 I have a license that allows me to be forgetful. Monday 3 Mar 6:30 is fine with me. I'll PM my tele number to you.

John
\

Um.....where's my club? :rolleyes:

Um, they closed all my fave clubs on northwest highway couple years back. Haven't been over that way in a long time.

I plead the 5th. B)
Well never having used computers during my working years, I don't always know what this damn thing is doing. When in doubt hit the key again. Then I realized I had entered my reply several times and didn't know how to erase the additional entries. Oops... here comes the needle from some of you keyboard virtuosos.

When everyone is standing around laughing at you, join in the fun and laugh with them. I'm laughing too. But I still don't know how to use this *#%@ thing.

I shall hit the enter key only once.

Odot, go back to sleep.

Okay, you're all off the hook having to stay up late in sleazy bars and BS about motorcycles, 'cause my training just got cancelled.

Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to see y'all in Colorado in July.

Thanks again for all the willingness to make me feel welcome in the Great State of Texas.

Jb

Well JB, you'll just have to miss our Texican horsepitality and Lone Steer beer,

not to mention the enchiladas and indigestion. :D