JB in Los Angeles September 24 and 25

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Burleigh

Reaction score
My buddy and I will be arriving in Los Angeles Friday afternoon the 24th, and returning Sunday morning the 26th. I'd like to say howdy to some FJR buddies down there, either Friday night or Saturday some time.

I'm not sure I'll have time for a ride per se (though I plan to ride around Palos Verdes Peninsula, my old stompin' grounds), but if y'all wanted to fete me as the visiting VIP, well, I'd understand. :D

We'll be staying at the world famous Sea Sprite Motel in Manhattan Beach, or Hermosa, or Torrance, or Redondo.... :huh: (My family stayed at the Sea Sprite in December 1965 after returning to the US from four years living in Colombia, South America.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hans - Richard is real close to where you're staying. So far nothing on my calendar, I could swing by so you could buy me a beer. :D

Bump this back up closer to when you leave.

Let me help my lil' budd out..

"I'll be in So Cal on xx\xx\xx date. I would love to have some FJR peeps around. I'll PAY for all food, drinks and lodging!"

Now that's how it works, JB! :rofl:

Hans - Richard is real close to where you're staying. So far nothing on my calendar, I could swing by so you could buy me a beer. :D

And if you're real close to Richard's place (Torrance) then you're not far from us. You can buy Andy a beer, and I'll be his designated driver :clapping:

And if you're real close to Richard's place (Torrance) then you're not far from us. You can buy Andy a beer, and I'll be his designated driver :clapping:
:clapping: Someone PUH-LEEZE take a picture of Andy on the back of the FJR. :clapping:

Sounds good Hans, we will be back from the island by then. I am sure we can find something to entertain you with.

What are you gonna be doing that makes you too busy to ride?

R

Sounds good Hans, we will be back from the island by then. I am sure we can find something to entertain you with.
What are you gonna be doing that makes you too busy to ride?

R
Apart from Friday evening, I pretty much just have Saturday in LA. I want to check out the hill, walk on the strand, visit my step dad, etc. So I'm just figuring a ride outside the LA basin wouldn't work. The only thing I could imagine would be a three- or four-hour ride, max. But if I had to wake up too early, well, you know.... It'd be a problem for me. :rolleyes:

Hans - I should be in the greater L.A. area that weekend either in Tarzana or Venice. I think, also, that I have a dinner party to attend on either Saturday or Sunday.....I really need to check with my social secretary.... and I think that party is in Redondo Beach. I will p.m. you with cell, home, and email info. Maybe getting to say hello will work out.

Hans, sounds like Cruisin at the beach is the place for you on Friday the 24th..............

Ruby's in Redondo is the place to be, or at least the bar next door (On The Rocks).

See ya there.

R

Hans, sounds like Cruisin at the beach is the place for you on Friday the 24th..............
Ruby's in Redondo is the place to be, or at least the bar next door (On The Rocks).

See ya there.

R
NOW you're talkin'! That sounds great! Shall we plan dinner? I'm guessin' a cab ride would be in order, at least for moi, so I can have a good time. :D

Actually Hans it looks to be 1.2 miles from your motel to Ruby's.....

MAP

R

Ok Hans lets get this nailed down.....

Firstly think we can do better than Rudy's (plus it will be very busy with the car guys). there are a lot of nice restaurants in the immediate area, what do you fancy?

Jill are you gonna come up?

who else is gonna make it?

Let me know so I can make reservations.

R

And Doug do you have a proper pair of shoes to wear? those camel toe flip flops ain't gonna do........... ;) ;)