JB in Los Angeles September 24 and 25

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simon is being a wuss right now and may not make it...........

R
Just as Richard predicted.....
Oh my, my, my. Richard's the dogs bullocks! He caged it with Karen and I won't mention who else caged it, but only three people arrived via FJR's. Lets see, Hans, Doug, me and... no one else! Wuss huh...
Home safe and sound.

I met the nicest person on an FJR, Doug5551 (even though he's a Darksider). He's a hard core Iron butt dude and I enjoyed talking to you Doug, hope to ride with you soon in the Santa Monica mountains and we'll eat at Malibu Seafood. ;) Nice seeing Hans again too, even though he didn't use his GPS when he walked from the hotel to the bar. Always great seeing Jill and Andy, Karen, and it was ok seeing Richard too... I guess. Had a great time chewing the fat with all ya'll sorry I couldn't party with you kids into the wee hours, but I was tired and had to ride home before I got too tired.

You meet the greatest people on FJR's. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i am home, drunk yes but home none the less (thanks Jill), Andy and I had 4 of the worst game of darts ever played, we each won 2 games so that a good thing.

R

Guilty of arriving by cage but I have a very good excuse. Getting three drunks (sorry, two drunks and Hans) home safely is really done better in a Jeep than on an FJR.

Good night out, although I am officially classed as old when I say that the music for the dance floor was way too loud.

It was great seeing everyone Friday night! Thanks, all, for coming out to say hi: Richard and Karen, Jill and Andy, Doug and Simon. Wait a minute.... :unsure:

Got home today, Sunday, at 2:40 after leaving Hermosa Beach at about 7:45. 903 miles--just 97 miles short of 1,000 in 72 hours. :( Maybe next time.

The Central Valley wasn't as hot as I feared, like when I had to switch out of my 'stitch in favor of jeans and a sweatshirt while riding with Fairlaner on Saturday morning around Palos Verdes and San Pedro, showing me sights I'd never seen in 20 years living thereabouts. Thanks again!

Got lit up by laser right where the 5 splits with 580. Two CHP B&Ws lurking in the shade under the first overpass. Fortunately I was being cool. Kept it at about 80 the whole way up.

JB

Sorry I missed all the fun Saturday......

Rode up to Baby Blues Friday in Venice via Palos Verdes Drive East and back around the P.V. peninsula

back to Huntington Beach.

I'd semi-planned on taking the boys on an undisclosed little putt up to Beverly Hills, Sunset Blvd and riding around Dead Man's Curve (from the Jan & Dean tune), the Playboy mansion, OJ'S and up Topanga Cyn and back

down Tuna or Malibu Cyn. It got hot real quick and the traffic got tight.....we bailed for the BBQ.

Maybe another day for that one.

Wow .......a tall cold beer or two yesterday? A+

WW'S FJR