July 1, 2007 - See some of the beautiful roads of Pennsylvania

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the interested column... Will watch and track this. I have lots of *things* I want to do next year :D

This ride sounds interesting but I'll not know for sure till after the first of the year. Keep me posted.

Tom

I'm in the 'I wanna do this' category.. I need some Eastern exposure. Right after the Canucks get done with me first..

Yes - this is a 1 day (Sunday) event. If we (the FJR contingent) have some people coming in from out of town and spending the night, no promises, but, I'll see what I can do about putting together an informal unwind/meet/greet at my house Sat evening. The ride kicks off in Carlisle. Many hotels in the Carlisle area. My house is about 10 minutes from Carlisle off if I-81.

The ride is still on. Met with the organizing committee over the weekend and we have 4 of the routes so far. The routes are looking like they will range from the 140-190 mile range and we'll probably have 6 or 7 when it's all said and done. The routes will be available the morning of the meet. We'll have a map of PA with the routes color coded. You can look at the map and determine which one you want to take. The routes are all self-guided - you go at your own pace.

Meeting place is at 9:00 AM on Sunday, July 1 at the Petro Truck Stop/Iron Skillet - 1201 Harrisburg Pike, Ave (a.k.a. Rt 11) in Carlisle, PA (exit 52 of I-81, exit 226 of PA Turnpike (I76)).

All routes will end at the Middlesex Diner - 1803 Harrisburg Pike in Carlisle, PA. There is no set time to meet at the end spot - they're expecting everyone to roll in gradually.

I'm going to be interrupting a vacation, so, chances are slim that I can pull off a meet/greet at my house on Saturday night.

Here's an added twist. One of the guys is gonna throw in about 30 miles of dirt riding if anyone is interested in doing a dual-sport/adventure ride.

Since we don't have any formal registration for this, we have absolutely no idea how many people to expect. It could be 50, it could be 200. Regardless, it'll be nice to do something different.

If you're coming into town and would like some information regarding places to stay/eat, drop me a line or post here.

Hope you can make it!!!

Randy,

Are there any car events at the fairgrounds that weekend that you know of? If there are, I'm going to try and make some hotel reservations early.

Aaah, the Petro truck stop. I know it well. ;)

That's our rest stop halfway to the in-laws' house.

Randy,Are there any car events at the fairgrounds that weekend that you know of? If there are, I'm going to try and make some hotel reservations early.
There are not...we checked into that as we knew it would be a mess if there was. When there are events going on, there are plenty of happy hotel owners. During the off weekends, rooms are very easy to come by.

Here's a link to the website that normally caters to the events in Carlisle.

https://www.carsatcarlisle.com/guest/where_to_stay.asp

Randy,

Sounds like a good ride. I'm going to tentatively plan on being there. Will probably ride up Sat. afternoon and stay overnight in Carlisle.

I also usually make it up to the Carlisle Summer Bikefest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot, I'm going to miss this one. I'm heading north to Maine via CT, MA, VT and NH on the 1st. There is always next year I suppose.

I'm doing a test run of my route tomorrow. Should be about 170 miles. Will be a nice mix of casual cruising as well as a little bit of technical twisties to keep you on your toes.

If my wife is heading out to her parents before Sun morning, I'm there. I haven't figured out if I'll get there Sat night (6/30) or Sun morning yet.

Even better, I have to head BACK out there on the bike first thing Tues (7/3) morning!

No promises, but, there's a chance I might do a little informal get-together/cookout at my house for those from this list that are coming, so, if you're making the trip, shoot me a PM.