July 1st Ride Somewhere

• Thread starter Santa Fe Dreamin'
  • Start date
Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the great ride guys!

Ride started out with a bummer of Ortega highway being closed until 8am but we adapted/overcame/rode-on.

Great choice for breakfast zzkenoman, that buffet hit the spot.

-Of course anyplace with air-conditioning would have been heaven with how hot it was :)

The twisties were a lot of fun, even in the heat.

Quick stop on the way out of the blast furnace let me put my cool vest on to keep me nice & cool the rest of the way home.

No issues allowed us to get through the fire delay on I-15 quickly.

Without lane sharing that could have been an ugly delay.

Looking forward to our next ride!

You guys want to head a little further south next time, how about something like this? (166 miles of fun)

03JUL_ride.jpg

Make a new post under California, title it and post the same map. Maybe Saturday early would be nice, I'm willing to ride down there and start early, you did for my ride.

Thanks for the great ride guys!Ride started out with a bummer of Ortega highway being closed until 8am but we adapted/overcame/rode-on.

Great choice for breakfast zzkenoman, that buffet hit the spot.

-Of course anyplace with air-conditioning would have been heaven with how hot it was :)

The twisties were a lot of fun, even in the heat.

Quick stop on the way out of the blast furnace let me put my cool vest on to keep me nice & cool the rest of the way home.

No issues allowed us to get through the fire delay on I-15 quickly.

Without lane sharing that could have been an ugly delay.

Looking forward to our next ride!

You guys want to head a little further south next time, how about something like this? (166 miles of fun)

03JUL_ride.jpg

That looks good to me!

Want to do this tomorrow, July 4th? My wife is working until 5 PM so I'm available.

I would love to but I just ran it this morning to test it out and see if it would work.

Whenever we do it & whoever shows up is in for a treat, that was one fun ride :)

I ran it with malve on his 2006 AE (looks like his account was lost during the hack)

160 miles, great temperature 8a-12p, little to no traffic even for a semi-holiday. I'm sure the weekend would be a little more crowded but still lots of fun.

I will be riding with my FJR's previous owner on his 2006 Hayabusa Tuesday (7/4).

We will be leaving from the Chevron in Ramona and heading towards Hemet for about a 2-3 hour ride.

One of the last gas stations on the main street in Ramona, right hand side heading east towards Julian.

Side stands up 7:30 am

Anyone is welcome to join us.

I will post a new topic about the Ramona/Julian ride later this week.

Right now I am thinking about doing the same ride I did today on Saturday morning.

160 miles & a stop for breakfast took us a little over 4 hours at a leisurely pace.

I will be riding with my FJR's previous owner on his 2006 Hayabusa Tuesday (7/4).

We will be leaving from the Chevron in Ramona and heading towards Hemet for about a 2-3 hour ride.

One of the last gas stations on the main street in Ramona, right hand side heading east towards Julian.

This one sounds promising. Besides, I've got some questions for the busa owner.

I will try my best to be there by 7 AMish. Don't wait if I don't show on time.

Pawtracks:

GREAT RIDE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve really knows how to push that busa!

Thanks for the invite.

We waited for you and Tracy at the Old Julian cutoff. I saw Tracy continue West on 78. Did you both take that to 15 and then home?

GREAT RIDE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve really knows how to push that busa!
Thanks for the invite.

We waited for you and Tracy at the Old Julian cutoff. I saw Tracy continue West on 78. Did you both take that to 15 and then home?
Yes, that Busa is fast!

I nailed it a few times during my 20 minute ride, it felt like it was going to pull my arms off :)

Tracy missed the turn off to Old Julian Highway and I waited for him to turn around.

We then took that back to town.

I just assumed you guys thought we took another way when we reached the end.

Hopefully you can make it out on Saturday morning, some of the same fun roads but always something new.

Banner Grade & Sunrise Highway

Meet place is at the other end of town at the Mobil station (I know the owner & just a bigger parking lot)

Latest posts