Just a map holder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This works:

saran.jpg

Seriously, Aerostitch has all sorts. Tank, leg, arm, bar, etc:

Clicky

Their description is pretty confusing. My interpretation is that the large one is the strap on version and the smaller one is the magnetic one, but...? I should be getting it in the next day or two and I will post up and let you know if I actually got what I think I ordered.

I know you specifically asked for a map holder and I know that this sounds a little cheesy, but I used to write all the turns on an index card and put that in a breast pocket or another place I could safely access. I used the map at stops.

A. GPS

B. Get a freakin small tankbag for crying out loud!

Last edited by a moderator:
A. GPS
B. Get a freakin small tankbag for crying out loud!
waaa waaa but I don't want a tank bag -

This is just a solution for picking up my new bike at D&H, riding to St Louis for a few days for business then riding back to CT. I won't have an opportunity to mount / wire my 2730 until I get home.

To tell you the truth I usually ride with both - the gps give me a micro look & the map a macro look at where I am. . .

thanks to the other posters also - the mag holder links look perfect!

My magnetic tankbag has a removeable main compartment & the remainder of the bag is a map pouch. But since you do not want a tank bag, this isn't applicable. But it is truly 2 items in one.

You could make your own. I've used index cards in the past and lately, I've gotten some pretty good magnets out of old computer hard drives.