Just a map holder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This works:

saran.jpg

Seriously, Aerostitch has all sorts. Tank, leg, arm, bar, etc:

Clicky

Their description is pretty confusing. My interpretation is that the large one is the strap on version and the smaller one is the magnetic one, but...? I should be getting it in the next day or two and I will post up and let you know if I actually got what I think I ordered.

I know you specifically asked for a map holder and I know that this sounds a little cheesy, but I used to write all the turns on an index card and put that in a breast pocket or another place I could safely access. I used the map at stops.

A. GPS

B. Get a freakin small tankbag for crying out loud!

Last edited by a moderator:
A. GPS
B. Get a freakin small tankbag for crying out loud!
waaa waaa but I don't want a tank bag -

This is just a solution for picking up my new bike at D&H, riding to St Louis for a few days for business then riding back to CT. I won't have an opportunity to mount / wire my 2730 until I get home.

To tell you the truth I usually ride with both - the gps give me a micro look & the map a macro look at where I am. . .

thanks to the other posters also - the mag holder links look perfect!

My magnetic tankbag has a removeable main compartment & the remainder of the bag is a map pouch. But since you do not want a tank bag, this isn't applicable. But it is truly 2 items in one.

You could make your own. I've used index cards in the past and lately, I've gotten some pretty good magnets out of old computer hard drives.

Latest posts