Just bought a 2009! Looking for reccomendations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just picked up a 2009 FJR1300 because I was getting tired of commuting on my R6; bike is smooth as a glass dildo. I put on a set of Rosso IV's right away and the bike handles amazing. Can't believe how light it feels (even coming from daily commuting on an R6). I'm ordering a set of highway pegs from Gerauld here because after taking a 3 hour ride to San Diego yesterday, I noticed 2 things. Highway pegs would be amazing to have and the seat really starts hurting after about an hour.
Any comfortable seat reccomdations? Anyone have a seat for sale?
I REALLY like the Corbin seat with the smuggler trunk, seriously considering buying it but it's $1500 so if anyone here has that combo I'd love to see some pictures and hear how you like it!
Thanks
View attachment 1628
Got my Corbin seat for my GenII, back in 2015. Many many miles since then. My experience has taught me that the firm seat is the best choice. My inseam is 29", Corbin has shaped a seat for us guys. Love the Corbin. 26k miles later.

Not everyone loves the Corbin, but I do. When I first put one on my Bandit I thought to myself after sitting on it "I made a big mistake", then hit the road with it and never thought about it or my butt again! No break in at all and still comfy after 80k miles, and when I saw my FJR for sale with the Corbin I knew I wouldn't have to buy another seat...
Agree, don't know why anyone uses the word break-in with Corbin.