Just bought a new 2022 20th Anniversary Edition ES...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(y)
smokey-bandit-trans-am-1.jpg

Absolutely stunning! I ordered mine a month ago here in California and am waiting patiently.

Black anniversary edition isn't offered in the US, we get Cobalt Blue...which isn't half bad. But...it's definitely not the 'Bandit Edition'!

~G
You get your anniversary edition next year. It will be identical to that one, but Yamaha will call it a 2023 model and insist it is somehow different.

The OP's doesn't have the gold stripe on the tank it does it? Not sure with the glare in the pic.

I did not know this edition was being offered in the U.S.???
You know I cannot say for certain what color it will be honestly. The website the salesman and I looked at a month ago showed a 2022 FJR1300ES in a dark blue color called Cobalt Blue. Seems it would not be cost effective that we would get something different in US as opposed to Canada. Then again, I have not dealt with Yamaha since the 80s so I will get schooled and report if it ever shows up. Going on a month now.

You know I cannot say for certain what color it will be honestly. The website the salesman and I looked at a month ago showed a 2022 FJR1300ES in a dark blue color called Cobalt Blue. Seems it would not be cost effective that we would get something different in US as opposed to Canada. Then again, I have not dealt with Yamaha since the 80s so I will get schooled and report if it ever shows up. Going on a month now.
Quite regularly the US colours are different from the Canadian ones, in the same model year. My 08 is a California bike, in metallic black. Same year in Canada is Silver.

Interesting. Checked with my dealer today and he still has no update or even a tentative date. He did say they get a month's lead time on what is coming so at least I will get a month's notice! Back to the holding pattern.