Just came across this....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No...I keep spending the $ on other farkles that I consider higher priority...looks well made though (as it should for $600. ....unless you found a cheaper deal elsewhere) cruise control

No...I keep spending the $ on other farkles that I consider higher priority...looks well made though (as it should for $600. ....unless you found a cheaper deal elsewhere) cruise control
Ouch! :( 6 bills? I'll keep on "twisting".... TVM......

Been available for a while. Some like it's "plug-in" install, but in operation I have yet to hear of an improvement over the AV CCS-100 most use, and at $100 vs. $600, it makes for an easy choice for most of us.... ;)

My brother has a MC on his ST1100. He went with the MC because it is a clean install and he wanted the reliability of a motorcycle specific cruise. The cruise works very well (when it works) and engages and maintains speed much smoother than the AV CC. But, after four years and three malfunctions I'm not so sure about the reliability. The problem was always some MC specific part that had no generic replacement that could be substituted. My brother had to contact MC in Australia to arrange for replacement parts. MC was courteous, helpful and quick to respond. In each case he was down for at least 25% of the riding season. Working on our FJR is much easier than the ST!!! Especially when the ST has Traction Control and ABS so the diagnosis and repair were always a major PITA.

Alan

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother has a MC on his ST1100.  He went with the MC because it is a clean install and he wanted the reliability of a motorcycle specific cruise.  The cruise works very well (when it works) and engages and maintains speed much smoother than the AV CC.  But, after four years and three malfunctions I'm not so sure about the reliability.  The problem was always some MC specific part that had no generic replacement that could be substituted. My brother had to contact MC in Australia to arrange for replacement parts.  MC was courteous, helpful and quick to respond.  In each case he was down for at least 25% of the riding season.  Working on our FJR is much easier than the ST!!! Especially when the ST has Traction Control and ABS so the diagnosis and repair were always a major PITA.
Alan
Hey Alan,

Not to be irritating or anything, but I just wanted to respond to your story, since I'm at home with the flu today and have nothing better to do than respond to another Cruise control thread.

My brother has a MC on his ST1100.  He went with the MC because it is a clean install
Clean install? Other than having a different touch pad for the controls, the MC Cruise is actually quite a bit less sanitary than the Audiovox product.

and he wanted the reliability of a motorcycle specific cruise.
How's that been working out for him? Okay, that's just the fever talking, but really, that seems to have been pure speculation on his part.

and engages and maintains speed much smoother than the AV CC.
Unless he has ridden with both types, again, speculation.

But, after four years and three malfunctions I'm not so sure about the reliability.
Yup, wise brother, you are.

The problem was always some MC specific part that had no generic replacement that could be substituted. My brother had to contact MC in Australia to arrange for replacement parts.
The thing about these devices is that they don't know/care what type of vehicle they are hooked into. Having the non-vehicle-specific type like the AV makes repair/replacement much easier.

I too, have spent way too much on certain products, that were a disappointment in actual use, so I mean no disrespect to you or your brother. We live, we learn.

Oh, this bias also applies to the "breakaway" vs. vista cruise products as well.

Shane

Do they work as well as the ones in cars.........

Like holding a constant speed going uphill........

MC is a quality product...if it's just the money then get the cheapie and have the time to manufacture some items yourself. If you want the best around that I have seen working and used them it's MC for every reason, Quality of product, Instructions, Service, nothing's too much trouble attitude etc. I've had mine for a while now and it works great up hills or down. :D

Vista cruise-$24. I'll use the other $575 for some new pipes or something. I can adjust it myself for hills.