Just Got A Kendon Lift

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnB

Reaction score
I just took delivery of a Kendon Harley/Cruiser lift. This is the correct size for the FJR. They also make a "Sportbike" model which is shorter and only has a 600 pound capacity and a longer "Chopper" model. I haven't used it yet so I'll update this thread after this weekend when I plan on trying it out. The overall quality seems to be very good. I'm really looking forward to not having to crawl around on the cold hard garage floor anymore.

By the way, I got it from Mark at Cycle Accessory Store. His service was excellent and his price was by far the best. You can check it out at:

https://www.cycleaccessorystore.com/Kendon_...-%20cruiser.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been eyeing this lift for 2 years, make sure you give a review....

Thanks!

JohnB, did you order any of the accessories?
Due to a promotion running right now, Mark was able to offer me my choice of a free 18" tool tray or the oil change attachment. Each regularly costs $60. I took the tool tray since I probably won't be using the lift just to do an oil change. The only other accessory I ordered were 2 pair of the Kendon 5' ratchet tie-downs. These are really good quality too. Mark offered me a 10% discount on these.

I just talked to the reps at a Sand toys show at the Motor speedway in Fontana, CA. They gave me the demo and it looked great. The Cruiser lift has a longer wheelbase then the sportbike model. I told the rep he should make a version with the ability to put the FJR on the center stand in order to rotate the rear tire. The current models are narrow and allow for someone to get closer to the bike while working. I liked the fact that it works with a hand pump or a compressor. The hand pump was similar to a floor jack mechanism. The release was also easy and similar to a floor jack. The demo rack had a BMW GS on it and when I shook it, it felt stable but not nearly as stable as the pro-type at the Yamaha shop. He said that he would be very interested in a group buy venture! However, he added, he has never done one yet.