Just picked up my birthday surprise.....2017 ES!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdrasher

Reaction score
My wife & kids surprised me yesterday with a new 2017 ES as an early birthday present!

Picked it up today and used the "new purchaser checklist" from the FAQ to make sure the dealer didn't forget to give everything I'm supposed to get with it.

Disappointed to see the tool kit only comes with a screwdriver and an allen head wrench. (2 tools) is this for real?

Anyway, took it out for ride to get a feel for it (140 miles).

Now I feel obligated to sell my 1993 Yamaha GTS 1000 since both bikes are sport tourers.

Anyone interested?
smile.png

Wow - you've got a very together family! One of my co-workers told me once that she had bought a 2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure for her husband without telling him. I thought she was wife-of-the-year but it looks like she has some serious competition.

Congrats!

Happy birthday to YOU. Nice present. Too bad about the tools. Does it still come with just one horn, or are the '17's down to zero horns?

My birthday was last week and I didn't get shit. Going to have a talk with my family.
rolleyes.gif
Better to not get shit than to actually get shit. Jus' sayin'

Oh, and happy birthday to you, too, Ray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! Congrats on the new ride!

Keep the GTS, there are very few of those still running around.

Does your wife have a sister? Maybe her mother is widowed? I'm not picky if I get a new bike on my birfday.....

Congrats! When you decide to escape the heat and head to the GA mtns let us know. I sure would like to see one of them things some day.

Congrats on the new bike! I don't have to wonder if the wife will get me anything for birthday/Christmas. Being single it is up to me so I can always surprise myself, lol. Good wife you have.