Kenny Roberts hoping to lease Ducati's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's a brilliant man with some brilliant engineers, but, obviously, he can't keep up with the factories. Should be interesting to see who he puts in the saddle. Would be interesting to see what KRJR could do on a competitive bike - don't even know if he still has 'it'. Kurt-Ass is as useless as tits on a boar.

He's a brilliant man with some brilliant engineers, but, obviously, he can't keep up with the factories. Should be interesting to see who he puts in the saddle. Would be interesting to see what KRJR could do on a competitive bike - don't even know if he still has 'it'. Kurt-Ass is as useless as tits on a boar.
Hehehe......The phrase ove here is ''as much use as an ash tray on a motorbike''

Max is free.....now that would put the cat amongst the pidgeons.

Though I only follow this as a distant fan and am constantly educated by you two, this is interesting. If they can't put this together, it sounds like KR Ent. could be in quite a bind. So is that part of the indicator that the "package" could be close, or at least the money might be available?

Though I only follow this as a distant fan and am constantly educated by you two, this is interesting. If they can't put this together, it sounds like KR Ent. could be in quite a bind. So is that part of the indicator that the "package" could be close, or at least the money might be available?
KR was pulled out of the mire at the begining of the season by a big sponsor and better things were expected than have come to fruition.

I think it would see the KR team in the top ten again without a doubt and if he could secure a rider like Max (purely my speculation) then the sky's the limit. Max is unlikely though roumors here are that he wants £3m a year or he is happy to watch. There is also the personality thing, both KR and Max have strong personalities. Unstopable force meets imovable object?

At the end of the day he has to raise the beer tokens before he can do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds as bad as the Nascar speculation we get in our print and TV news in the States. I sometimes wonder if the companies and sponsors play these things through for promotional purposes. (They wouldn't do that, would they?!?!)

Still, KR has never quite lived up to (what some think) his potential in Moto GP. Moving to WSB might be a good move for his Enterprise and a deal with MV wouldn't be so bad for them, not that their other option has fallen through.

Since "any publicity is good publicity" it could work out for the betterment of whatever "series" he races in. Still, there's that problem with needing a good rider.....and if need be, someone who would ride in WSB.

Personally I would like to see him in WSBK with jnr on board and maybe a second rider too. That would be worth tuning in for.