Kisan headlight modulator

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave10450

Reaction score
Received the Kisan headlight modulator for Xmas and tried installing it this evening on my '05. I'm having trouble installing the one on the right side. There is interference with the inside of the fairing. I might be able to force it on but I'm worried that over time the pressure of the fairing on the connector would cause the connector tabs to fracture.

Anybody else have this issue?

I'm assuming that you have Kisan P/N P115W-S-D. The modulators are smaller (thinner) than the stock connectors. They should fit without any problems. The stock connector plugs into the pig-tail from the Kisan modulators. The right side fairing on my bike was not in the way, but it takes a bit of "wiggling" to get the Kisan modulator pluged into the 3-prong connector on the back of the right headlight. The pig-tail/stock connector should be tucked out of the way--maybe use a zip or two to secure. Hope this helps.

I have the P115W-D. The modulator unit connects to the headlight bulb and the standard 3-pin connector plugs into the back of the modulator. There is not enough room between the inside of the fairing and the modulator unit to plug in the 3-pin connector.

I checked the Kisan site for the correct application and it seems I do need the P115W-S-D as you indicated. Thanks.

Move along, nothing to see here (my inability to read led to a bad post)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the one for the FJR is ELECTRICALLY the same as the one for the FZ1, but physically is split into two parts (per side). That gives you enough room, and I had no problem installing it at all.

I also had trouble getting the right side Kisan modulator installed. As you know, it's not visible so you're working by feel alone. I got tired of messing with it so I removed the dash panels so I could see what I was doing. Since I had the panels off I went ahead and installed an auxiliary power bus. So the Kisan "plug and play" install turned into a 1/2 job. :angry:

Latest posts