Kootenay Butt Buster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hamic... I have 3 adjacent campsites reserved at the Kootenay Chalets campground (right across the road from the KGB site). More than enough room for your tent.

Griff

Hamic... I have 3 adjacent campsites reserved at the Kootenay Chalets campground (right across the road from the KGB site). More than enough room for your tent.
Griff
Hey Griff.

I upped my reservation from a 'motel unit' to a 'chalet' so Harry (Harnic) is bunking with me.

BTW. We've made repeated attempts to get Harry registered - no luck.

I know Jeff is playing 'mini-semi' driver on the other side of the planet, so I suggested getting a ticket off the FB site and just show up.

Cheers.

Al.

I think (can't confirm, I'm still out on the road coming home from CFR) that FJRGuy will have a bunch of tickets available at the campground. If not they are available at the door... so either way, no worries.

See you there!

Griff

Griff
Thanks buddy! I think I'll take one of them. Tenting sounds more fun than under a roof! ;)

I hope all of our Calgary members stayed dry & undamaged during the recent unpleasantries!

See/meet you there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called Kamal, probably a good thing to tell him I'm camping rather than sharing a chalet. I guess I spent too many years camping, scouts & all, to sleep indoors when a new tent is available!
rolleyes.gif
Looking forward to meeting all who are joining us! WCR was a hoot! Many new friends.
punk.gif

Not much movement on the registration site? Five listed + Harry. I'm lookin' forward to it.

I decided to keep my booking for a three room chalet. So, if anyone is thinking of just dropping in or stopping by, accommodation is available.

Al.

Sorry guys, I've got a lot of shit going on here and havnt been to the forum much.

Turns out some upgrades my ISP did effect my less than ideal coding in a bad way. I'll try and have a look at it but no promises.

There are a few more attendees than listed on the site, but there is still plenty of room at the campsites Griff reserved so far.

I have tickets for everyone I know is attending (including you Harry) and will have more at the site so don't buy tickets online!

No worries for anyone just showing up, we'll make sure you are covered.

Since Lucie and I are going to be at the campsite on Thursday, we'll be laying on a pot of venison chili for everyone rolling in on Friday... just need to know how many to expect. If you can post up, or IM me or whatever so I can make sure I've got enough, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers,

Griff

I'm in, I'll bring beer!!

Couldn't find my current favorite IPA in the Kootenays a couple of weeks back, so I'm stocking up.

Harry (Harnic) will be there, but he's a 'no-meat-atarian' - but still a nice guy.
smile.png

Thanks Griff.

Al.

I'm staying in New Denver (I love that little town) Thursday, will roll into KBB around noon Friday. As Al said, I'm one of those "whacko" vegans Griff, but thanks anyway, I'm sure it's great!
punk.gif

Old age is definately setting in here, I've just recently realized that what I still call camping requires at leat a pickup to haul! I can't fit all the little "luxuries" I have to have with me on my FJR! I'm bunking with Al in a fancy chalet. I take my grandsons camping at the end of Aug every summer to the Heffley Creek Rendezvous black powder shoot, but is seriously DOES take an over packed pickup to get camp there!
weirdsmiley.gif
I hope everyong has a great & safe ride over! See you there!!!
smile.png

@ Griff

Again, it sounds fantastic! Unfortunately my disagreement with cancer 2.5 years ago has left me with a digestive tract that won't even allow a coffee anymore, let alone a fine beer & some natchos.
uhoh.gif
I appreciate the gesture, but will have to enjoy it all vicariously through the rest of you.
rolleyes.gif
At least there's still FJRs!
coolsmiley02.gif
See ya there!
bye.gif

Holy cr*p those mosquitos loved me! I'm really glad I bunked with KamAl in a chalet! I'd have been trapped in a 4' tall tent other wise! In spite of the bugs it was 1 heck of a fun weekend! I'm going again next year! :)