Kootenay Gut Buster

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamal

No longer frightened by corners!
Reaction score
Just returned from the Kootenay region of BC, after attending The Kootenay Butt Buster aka WCR2.

kgb.jpg

Headed out from near Nelson, BC, then took the Kootenay Lake ferry.

gb1.jpg

gb2.jpg

It was a short ride from the ferry terminal to beautiful, downtown, Crawford Bay.

gb3.jpg

With it's bustling shopping, light industry and car sales.

gb4.jpg

gb4a.jpg

gb4b.jpg

I quickly found the Kokanee Chalets, my home for the next three days.

gb5.jpg

Harry (harnic) had beat me to our Hobbit hut and was already moved in.

gb7.jpg

gb8.jpg

The Calgary crew were set up and had the chilli cooking.

gb9.jpg

gb10.jpg

Guy posing with Jeff's FJR.

gb11.jpg

....though he had arrived on this beauty.

gb12.jpg

The Gut Buster is a two night comedy festival. Each night was kicked off with music and entertainment from Marya and Shadowstalk - at times, she was funnier than some of the comedians.

gb13.jpg

Jeff, Harry, Guy and Lucie - at least one person is smiling!

gb14.jpg

It wasn't all beer and comedy. There are some great rides in this area, and while others were checking them out, I decided to explore the bay the town is named after.

There is a very nice walk from the campsite to the bay. You pass through a heavily wooded area under the cedars.

gb15.jpg

Then through a large area of protected wetlands.

gb17.jpg

gb18.jpg

gb19.jpg

Through a 'cave' of bushes, to the lake.

gb20.jpg

gb21.jpg

gb22.jpg

The ride home was excellent. As it was a Monday morning, I had the roads (and ferries) to myself.

gb24.jpg

Al.

Wonderful pictures and report Alan!!
rolleyes.gif
Thanks for sharing!!
smile.png

I didn't saw you in a picture and this time...or are you somewhere there..?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks Al! You got more than I did! I had a fantastic time there, as well as getting there & home again. I agree that Marija was often funnier than many of the comics! You made a good rommate too!

Here's a few that I managed to take:

Cory Harding

comic_zpscbf55aff.jpg

Marija & Santa!

Marija-with-Santa_zps4c550671.jpg

Marija & Shadowstalk

KBB-2013-012_zps1ad97da9.jpg

My roomie Al (Kamal) for Mihalis. ;)

KamAl_zpsa771465f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pictures and report! Sorry I couldn't make the trip but as I told you I had my son and his significant other visiting over the same weekend! We still have lots of good weather left so we'll have to get together for a little less "Loud, Pot smoking, Harley type persons, and go for a ride to a quiet camp site. Maybe somewhere up near Bridge Lake?

Thanks for the pictures and report! Sorry I couldn't make the trip but as I told you I had my son and his significant other visiting over the same weekend! We still have lots of good weather left so we'll have to get together for a little less "Loud, Pot smoking, Harley type persons, and go for a ride to a quiet camp site. Maybe somewhere up near Bridge Lake?
Hey, a visit from family is a valid excuse Mark! ;) It is too bad their timing was off though, it was a hoot! We even had room for 1 more in the chalet! Next year. Another run somewhere this summer sounds good. I have a good excuse next week for several days, my grandsons are coming to visit while my son & his significant other go to a friend's wedding out of province. We'll have to decend upon Starbucks soon for a planning session. See you soon! ;)

I was just up in that area a little over a week ago. It sure is nice. Thanks for the report and the pictures!