KrZy8 Gen2 - Charging Circuit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the '06 and '07 bikes are capped at 14.0.
If so, I have an exceptional 07 because it regularly shows 14.2 on my datel meter when no accessory loads are on. :) But the only reason I'm getting that high is because of the Roadstercycles RR harness that I installed after reading about Don's successful repair. I was fine before installing the harness up until the point that I cranked up the heated liner, grips and gloves and then the voltage was dipping too low. :(

I just installed the Roadstercycle super harness on my 2006 FJR1300 AE. Before installation I was measuring 13.0 volts at idle - 1050 rpm. After installation 13.8 volts. It was a lot of work installing the harness because it’s a little too short. The location of the shortstop device also makes it difficult. I attached the red positive lead to the starter solenoid to shorten the distance. If the harness was 6-12 inches longer, and the positive lead from the shortstop was 12 inches longer, the installation would be a snap. Then you could put the shortstop under the tank or under the right upper fairing, and wire it to the battery.