Lake Almanor RTE April 14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyler put some up on FB.

Thanks to all who came, we had 21 peeps IIRC. Good to see everybody and meet some new folks too.

Perfect weather, great roads, good food and the finest degenerates in the Tri State area.

Will do it again soon

Great day of ride'in, see'in 'n meet'in fine peeps; perfect weather too.

My feeble contribution.....

bH8zEV9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A 560 mile day trip for pizza! Very nice day out there - couldn't have asked for nicer weather, and Highways 70 and 49 are sporting new pavement so really spectacular riding conditions all around. And of course a nice couple of hours catching up with folks. Really pleased to see Mad Mike again (its been way too long) and meeting some new folks as well.

And of course crazy props to Allen - coming from Indiana for a pizza lunch is special dedication :) Not to mention 6 hours on a plank of a DRZ seat....

It was a great time indeed, so many good people. Allen and I rode Mosquito Ridge rd. this morning before he had to return the DRZ. I think his arse was done as he had close to 600 mile on that little 400 in 2 days of riding. He told me he would never ride a DRZ Supermoto with a stock seat again. I think 200 would have done me in easily. He did ride the wheels of that in the canyons, very impressive.

Just got home. Horrible wind for the first 190 miles and heavy rain the last 100. Good fun but I don't think my copilot is as pleased. Was great to get out and see some really good peeps.

YOU ARE ALL BONEHEADS!!!

My apologies I don't get out on the forum much or even ride that much anymore (I'm not sure why I just don't, like a bonehead). I was at my second home, beautiful Lake Almanor all that week in April. We got sun, rain, wind, and snow! It was awesome! We left at 10am on Saturday morning April 14th and went down Hwy 32, I just missed you guys and gals!
fool.gif

I love Tantardino's, excellent clams and linguini and pizza. I will be back up there in mid June (after the Reno Blues Brews & BBQ) and then again in July, and again in October. I stay at my friends place on the lake about 1/4 miles form Tantardino's.

Lets do this again later!
punk.gif

YOU ARE ALL BONEHEADS!!!

My apologies I don't get out on the forum much or even ride that much anymore (I'm not sure why I just don't, like a bonehead). I was at my second home, beautiful Lake Almanor all that week in April. We got sun, rain, wind, and snow! It was awesome! We left at 10am on Saturday morning April 14th and went down Hwy 32, I just missed you guys and gals!
fool.gif

I love Tantardino's, excellent clams and linguini and pizza. I will be back up there in mid June (after the Reno Blues Brews & BBQ) and then again in July, and again in October. I stay at my friends place on the lake about 1/4 miles form Tantardino's.

Lets do this again later!
punk.gif
Swim party in July on the lake would get you back in the fold Simon. JSNS
rolleyes.gif

That's more like it...thanks for the pics Tyler!
--G
Yeah, thanks fer the video Jeff, 'n the pics Tyler, HWY 70s nice this time of year.
kiss.gif
Actually, it's nice in summer too, butt there's mor cops on squid patrol.

On a side note; coulda sworn there used to be signs on HWY 49 (The tight part, west side of the summit.) say'in something about "dead man's curve" w/ a motorcycle or something? Don't see 'em anymore, does anybody else remember those? (Or am I delusional?)

Last edited by a moderator: