laminar lip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senecahome

Reaction score
Anyone have a laminar lip they want to sell?

I have an 2009 with a Cee Bailey screen but would like to try a laminar lip to reduce the buffeting.

Thanks -Glen

Not sure the LL will fit on the Cee Bailey... I asked them a few years back and they were pretty adamant that it was designed around the stock windscreen. I tried mine anyway with an aftermarket screen, (a Givi) and the contour is different, so the LL wound up with a different curvature than normal - it actually made things worse rather than better.

Where are you located? Might be possible to find someone close who can let you borrow/test before spending the money

YMMV

Griff

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses. I do have the OEM screen that I could put back on to use with the laminar lip. The Cee Bailey is the standard design, not the reverse contour.

Thanks again.

Laminar Lip on a Cee Baily +4+3 without flip.

DSC_4456b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The LL works great for me, even at very low windshield elevations. As you can see in the pic above, the windshield is about 3/4 retracted, but the air still goes overhead smoothly. Fully down, the air hits my upper chest, neck and face with no turbulence.

I love my LL. No more buffeting just clean air. I found that with the screen all the way up it seems to push me in the back of my head (pushing my head forward) which I dont like as I have issues with my neck. I like it all the way down. I mounted my LL with the top edge 2" above the stock screen. Best 75 bucks I've spent! :yahoo: