Laminar lip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubabiker

Reaction score
If any one is interested. After reading a review in "Motorcycle Consumer News" that was part of a whole bunch of FJR info, I bought a Laminar lip and added it to the top of my Yamaha opitional taller windshield. It made a great difference. Much less helmet buffeting and noise. (I'm about 6'3"). The reviewer stated he had tried it on the stock shield and it didn't make much difference, but he also had good results on the taller one. I was sceptical about how much a piece of plastic would change airflow, but now I'm a believer.

If any one is interested. After reading a review in "Motorcycle Consumer News" that was part of a whole bunch of FJR info, I bought a Laminar lip and added it to the top of my Yamaha opitional taller windshield. It made a great difference. Much less helmet buffeting and noise. (I'm about 6'3"). The reviewer stated he had tried it on the stock shield and it didn't make much difference, but he also had good results on the taller one. I was sceptical about how much a piece of plastic would change airflow, but now I'm a believer.
I am 6'3" and put one on the stock screen and noticed a huge difference. The reviewer must be partially brain dead.

I have a laminar lip on a stock shield on my 06. I am 5'11" and ride with the seat in the highest position.

The laminar lip works for me. At full up, it is pretty silent, but It is my opinion that I am about at the limit with it. Any taller and I would be getting noisy air. But in reality what I don't like about the lip is it gets annoying to look at/through and is difficult to clean the bugs off.

I just bought a Cee baily screen for about the same price as the lip, which I think will probably work much better.