Lapeer Dragway - Saturday, Oct. 9th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UselessPickles

Making Grand Canyon replicas from air boxes...
Reaction score
Last weekend's attempt failed due to crappy weather, so here we go again with short notice because the weather's looking great for this weekend. I think I'll also aim for Oct 30th (new thread) for a last chance for the year for people that need more advanced warning, but who knows if weather will cooperate.

I'll be going to Lapeer Dragway in Lapeer, MI for "test & tune" on Saturday, Oct 9th. It starts at noon (I think gates open at 11:30) and runs until about 4:00pm. $25 allows you to make as many passes down the drag strip as time allows. $10 for spectators.

More info can be found on their website: https://www.lapeerdragway.com/

You don't need super-fancy racing gear to run. I do it with a full face helmet, leather boots, leather gloves, armored textile jacket and armored textile pants (the rules state that leather jacket and leather pants are required, but they didn't have a problem with my textile gear). You also don't need to have prior experience. I can walk you through your first run if you'd like and there's no pressure to be fast. It's just an open test & tune session. Just pretend like you're taking off from a traffic light then roll on to full throttle if you like (actually, I recommend that's how you start off until you are comfortable with the track and the process).

Anyone interested?

I'm in. Looks like the weather is going to work this weekend... At least at this point :unsure: I'll give Jason a call if he hasn't checked in by morning

:jester:

Of course with the weather being just about perfect for Saturday I will not be able to make it,maybe the 30th. I have a cancer benefit I must attend.

Do you have a non-bulging tire yet? If not, there's still time to get the tire that Wayne offered you.
Yes it's still on there.. I got busy these last few days and haven't done anything with it. The guys were supposed to let me know if they might be able to warranty it. I suppose the lack of contact on their part should indicate to me a no..

Glad ya had me number Jason.. Damn I need to clean this desk, It's here somewhere.

See ya in the a.m.

Jason, I hope you have a stock windshield you can put on your bike, cuz I'm using a stock shield on mine. I don't want you to be able to blame your slowness on your windshield :p

Jason, I hope you have a stock windshield you can put on your bike, cuz I'm using a stock shield on mine. I don't want you to be able to blame your slowness on your windshield :p

Don't worry aboot the shield Jeff.. We're going to swap rear tires with ya when you go take a leak.. ;) I gotta get in a run or two ya know :lol:

I put the stock shield on and scrubbed about 3 lbs. of bug guts off her. She's ready to eat that GenII alive :evilsmiley03: !

Latest posts