Larger size motorcycle footwear???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaUtah

Reaction score
The Lord has blessed me with size 16 feet. While that makes for a stable platform for walking an standing it also makes it very difficult to find footwear. I have been to about every dealer looking for a pair of a cycling boots and find that all the manufacturers seem to stop somewhere between 13 to 14. I am trying to find something other than plain black and am looking for something over the ankle but not tall riding boots. Anybody out there solved this before? Is there a manufacturer that makes large size footwear in other than plain black? The ShaSha tribal boots only go to 14. Most of the Fox, etc stuff stops at 13 or so. Suggestions???

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough deal. I'm a BigFoot 14/15 myself and seem to be able to find 14 and 15 occasionally, but that 16 is rare. Is 16 equivalent to a 51 in European sizes? If so, closest I see at a special section of New Enough that lists their biggest products of 14 plus. I did spot a 50 or two over there. Perhaps you could e-mail and ask if they happen to have any 51/16's around. If it means anything I went with a sized 14 Oxtar Matrix and it fit me perfectly with plenty of toe room.

The other option........amputate your toes and wouldn't they become 12's? :blink:

The Lord has blessed me with size 16 feet. While that makes for a stable platform for walking an standing it also makes it very difficult to find footwear.
I can imagine the problems you have. I have a very narrow size 13 and its next to impossible for me to find a set of boots that actually fit my feet. The only positive thing is that motorcycle boots last a long time if all you do is ride in them. I bought my current pair (after trying on at least a dozen other size 13s) in 1994 and finally had to have them re-soled last year. My only suggestion is to look for an old fashioned shoe maker and have boots custom made. It will be expensive, kind of like investing in an Aerostitch, but well worth it in the long run. Be sure to tell him to construct the boots so they can be re-soled a couple of times.

Try calling Cruiserworks, I know they make some models in 15eee. Worth a phone call to see if they can do a custom pair. Good luck! :)
@MNFJR05

I wear the Cruiserworks Tour boot and while they're not almost a half a yard long ;) they definately are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn.

Good Luck in your search.

IIANM Redwing makes riding boots. They make boots in sizes unimaginable. They are not cheap. But good boots anyway. You might consider looking at a Redwing dealer.

John

I don't have an unusual foot size but seeing the recommendations I figured I'd mention I retired a pair of CruiserWorks non-zip Touring boots for the Oxtar Matrix boots. Much more comfortable to me, easier to put on/take off, and NewEnough had a killer price on them.