Last two questions: reinstalling Penske reservoir and where is this drain tube from ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajBach

Reaction score
Yup, bike in nearly done after being torn apart, inspected, cleaned etc. Naturally, I have a couple of extra fasteners and other parts:
I can't figure where that drain tube comes from. Pretty sure it wasn't alone but beside one or two others but I am coming up short. I had the tank off but that tube is connected.
As for the Penske reservoir, I do have one allen socket head cap screw left over but that bracket isn't threaded. Maybe I am missing the nut that goes with it but I still can't figure how it is held in place against the frame.
Thanks in advance

111.jpg

Attachments

• 027-045540002 1.935.jpg
    027-045540002 1.935.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 14
Fuel tank overflow drain hose??
Part #43, but don't know why it would have that bend and you would have to figure out the routing. Comes off a "Tee" by the tank on the left and the end is held by a bracket near the bottom. This is the one that drips gas if you overflow upon filling... If it isn't that, I can't help.
https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2011/fjr1300a-fjr13aas/fuel-tank
As for your Penske bracket/extra screw - mine is set up differently...

Echoing RK, hose looks like the fuel tank overflow. From tee, terminates at a plastic loop just to the inside of u-joint cover.

Extra socket head belongs to the reservoir bracket. A washer goes between the split and bolt threads into mounting bracket visible in pic. Inside RH passenger peg.

~G

Latest posts