Latest addition to the stable.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepperell

Reaction score
I had been looking for a good used dump truck to replace my 2003 Chrysler T&C which carried passengers about twice a year and served as my winter commuter ride for the 10 mile ride to work. Reason for the dump truck is to bring in gravel for the 400+ feet of dirt driveway plus moving dirt around the yard. I have a smallish Kubota front-end loader, but it doesn't have a very large bucket. Also handy for hauling firewood, mulch, etc. Most of what I saw available in the $13k and under range were pretty beat. Saw one on Craigslist out in Ipswich, Ma area with low mi, but had been used to plow, and was pretty rusted underneath. After a couple months looking I finally found this one on craigslist out in Bennington, VT area;

IMG00293-20100926-1325-1.jpg

It's a 2000 Chevy C3500 2wd, 5spd standard trans with a nice JC Madigan Easterner dump body.

IMG00297-20100926-1326.jpg

Best of all, it had only 6,543 miles on it!!

I had to replace the tires which were the originals that had rotted, windshield wipers, and the combination air filter/mouse hotel. And it was in my price range as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
That *is* cool! I wish I had one for my property. I'm always carrying one bucket per longish trip with my 870 JD. I fully get it. Congrats!

The PO couldn't possibly have used that for work! That is one clean ride for a 2003. With all the salt used up in VT you would think the entire body would be rotted out if he actually drove it. Nice truck, good luck with it....

Hey, some Big Red Truck is blocking the picture of your FJR>>>Not Cool.

Ole' farm feller such as myself, always appreciates a good work truck.

That one is clean though...hope it gives you great service.

Actually, the red paint ain't even wore off the floor o' the bed! By the way, the side boards are stainless steel; musta cost a pretty penny...

Fred, let me know if you need me to make a firewood run.

:rolleyes: The ramp to load bikes would need to be either really steep or really long!

Two PO's; Original owner had it for six years and put on about 3k. He owned a construction company and this was his toy truck. The second owner was the VT fellow who used it to move dirt and brush around the house, haul an occasional load of pea stone for the driveway, and mulch. He put on about 3k also. He has a pickup that he uses for commuting year round, so this sat in the driveway in the winter.

Now that is nice!-few years ago I had a slightly larger Chevy dump,C-50 maybe with 20 inch wheels. Good ole' NYS taxes and fees made me get rid of it.

The trick right now is to keep the beer from freezing!

Gotta load 'er up with sound & lighting gear for a show tonite. Three bands, 600+ venue...

What a nice score that was! That rig has seen very little actual use, that's for sure. Those nice SS side rails would show every nick and ding from real hauling... Looks like it was originally set up to haul an occasional load of mulch/beauty bark/etc.

You, my friend, are now my "Shopping/Buying God"! :p

Loading out three bands sounds like more fun that I want to experience... my younger son is a professional musician, and I've set up/torn down/moved way more amplifiers and equipment than I can recall. My back remembers, though :blink:

Good times!

Don

Arise from the dead, old thread!!

Well, I sold the truck last week. Paid $13k for it a year and a half ago, put a new set of tires on it for $600, sold it for $15.5. Net: $1,900 bux. Not bad...

Put it down front on Tuesday, sold it on Wednesday. Coulda got more, I suppose, but I'm happy.

Wow. Good deal all around.

Maybe you should go into buyin' and sellin' used stuff for a living? :unsure:

[forehead slap!]

Doh, never-mind. :blink:

You already do! :p