LD Comfort - How much do tights stretch in waist?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to think it's not even Friday yet....
Have at it...
rolleyes.gif

I find if I roll them down, so they're around my hips, rather than my waist, I get a lot less gas and many more miles before I have to pee...

How much do the tights stretch in the waist?
As much as they need to.

Just kinda wondering how accurate their sizing chart is?
I just know that in my pile of XXL things (i.e. sweat pants, ski pants, shorts, etc.)....the LDComfort gear sizing is consistent.

It just doesn't seem right to give a straight answer.

But, if you're between sizes definitely go towards larger. The waist never really bothered me but sometimes I feel the snug leg bands get uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just doesn't seem right to give a straight answer.
But, if you're between sizes definitely go towards larger. The waist never really bothered me but sometimes I feel the snug leg bands get uncomfortable.
I'm considering the tights...not the shorts...thanks anyway.

Maybe someone that gained weight (a couple of waist sizes) could tell me if they needed to move up a size in the LD Comfort tights.

The simple answer is found in this formula. All the equations derived here got two specific variables, Stitch length and Yarn Count. The two which are mainly responsible for determining parameters like width, stretch, WPI, CPI & GSM. All the equations here are to have a prediction about WPI, CPI, Width and GSM, and process of formulation is so easy to understand that nontechnical & technical persons both will find it easy to absorb. The values from these equations show less standard deviation than the present situation of production. The error can be less if ‘R’ value is more precise & standard procedure can be followed.

3-18.jpg

You've already placed your order, so this is probably moot.

My experience is that they run true to size, but I find myself wishing that they were a little roomier in the crotch. My ONLY complaint with LDs is that they cramp the guys. I have thought about ordering a size larger to see if that helps. If I could ever wear out the ones I have, I'll give it a try...the damn things just won't wear out though!

I am thinking to buy one.Could someone tell me if this thing works good on the hot days?Is it friendly for the skin?

In the Greek summer i become soaked after every ride on my Gen 1.Usually i wear cotton underwear,i know it isn't the best because it absorbs the moisture but the cotton is very comfortable for my skin.Probably someone will tell me to buy a Gen 2 or a Gen 3 hahaha,but not founds for that..
smile.png

Except that i like my Gen 1...Excellent on the winter
smile.png

Anyway,a bit out of the thread,sorry....

Note the name is not LDCool, it's LDComfort. And for that, Mario's stuff just plain works. I'm not convinced it's needed for a day ride but for multiple days in the saddle LDComfort gear goes a long, long way to keeping your skin healthy by moving moisture away from the body and eliminating the chaffing of the skin.

In extreme temps, you can use LDComfort as cooling gear. Soak it in water, ring it out, put in on and ride. Don't do this too close to nightfall. If the water doesn't evaporate before the temperature drops you'll be in for a chilly night. DAMHIK!