Leather Jacket Alterations near LA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THRASHED

Reaction score
Hey all,
I picked up a jacket a while back and want to alter both the zipper and the fit. Does anybody have suggestions in SoCal? I'm about 30 miles east of Los Angeles.

Thanks,

Scott

Hey all,
I picked up a jacket a while back and want to alter both the zipper and the fit. Does anybody have suggestions in SoCal? I'm about 30 miles east of Los Angeles.

Thanks,

Scott
Not sure if your still looking but I went down at the track and these guys repaired both my leathers and boots including a re-sole and I was very pleased with the results and customer service.
http://anthonysleatherworks.com/

Hey Scott. As a great lover of leather jackets, here are some things I'd like to share. First, regularly clean it using a leather cleaner or a damp cloth, and avoid exposing it to direct sunlight or extreme heat. Applying a leather conditioner can also help keep the leather soft and supple. As for choosing a jacket, https://vonbaer.com/ offers a variety of leather products and has a lot of info on caring for them on their website. They might be able to help you with altering the zipper and fit of your jacket. Another option you can consider is searching for local tailor shops in your area. Look for ones that specialize in leather alterations as they will have experience working with this material. You can ask for recommendations from friends or even check online reviews to find a reliable place.

Last edited:
So, I found a taylor by my house. It's called San Dimas Taylor. He did an amazing job. For $160 he altered the size of the jacket perfectly. Best of all, it looks like it came that way originally. Would definitely recommend him. I still may reach out to Anthony's Leatherworks because we couldn't agree on how to do the zipper.