LED Headlight Bulbs đź’ˇ Gen 2 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Overman

Reaction score
Looking for LED headlight bulbs for my GEN 2 FJR; wondering what the membership would recommend brand to buy? Curious to know if there’s a different brand LED that the Two-Wheel Obsession FJR rider said not to buy nine years ago?

Thank you advance for your help concerning this matter.

Sincerely,

Jeff Overman

I use these Auxito LED bulbs from Amazon in my 07. They are the same dimensions as a stock halogen bulb so they fit perfectly in the socket with no modifications. Super bright with a good cutoff. I’ve had these installed since April and have yet to be flashed. High beams have a good reach and are super bright also. I’m super happy with them. Going to buy another pair as a backup. I have other Auxito led products and find them to be good quality.

AUXITO New Upgraded H4/9003 LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JZ6QZ6T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I use these Auxito LED bulbs from Amazon in my 07. They are the same dimensions as a stock halogen bulb so they fit perfectly in the socket with no modifications. Super bright with a good cutoff. I’ve had these installed since April and have yet to be flashed. High beams have a good reach and are super bright also. I’m super happy with them. Going to buy another pair as a backup. I have other Auxito led products and find them to be good quality.

AUXITO New Upgraded H4/9003 LED... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JZ6QZ6T?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I checked these out using the link you provided. The "AmazonConfirmedFit" shows that these do not fit a 2007 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS.
So I am asking just to confirm: You installed these in your 2007 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS with no issues?

I checked these out using the link you provided. The "AmazonConfirmedFit" shows that these do not fit a 2007 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS.
So I am asking just to confirm: You installed these in your 2007 Yamaha FJR1300A ABS with no issues?
Yes, they are currently installed on my 07 A ABS. So, these will work for a GEN 2. I didn't need to modify anything and the rubber boots work with these also.

So it looks like they have fans. Inside the headlight housing? Fwiw, stock boots fit fine on the beamtech too. The heatsinks sit behind the boot.

I tried a few LEDs in my previous bike and cars. They improved a lot over time, but one thing remained constant - the weak point on many are the fans. They spin at 12K RPM, and they usually fail way before the bulb's advertised "30,000 hours of service life" (= 24/7 for almost 3.5 years = 🤥). For me they lasted about a year or two on an average before one or the other bulb's fan in the set started wailing. (And I did’t ride the bike, or drove my cars 24/7)

It has been well over two years since I got my last set, a fan-less design similar to Oldjeep's recommendation. No issues so far, but time will tell.

Last edited:
My LEDs have fans and the boots fit over them just fine. I bought them 7 or 8 years ago so I don't remember which they were. I'll look in my Amazon history and see if they are in there although I'm sure they are much improved by now.

I use these ones from Amazon. They work perfectly and are fanless. I wouldn't have fans on my bulbs.

Auxito

After removing the old bulb, insert the thing the bulb screws into, then lock into place with the metal spring clip. Put the rubber protective cover back on and the bulb is inserted through all of it. Twist LED bulb into place to lock. Plug them in and done. Easy peasy except for cutting your hand all up under the dash.

Attach73141_20220501_150055.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Gen III 2013 and haven't installed Led's yet because the beam pattern and light dispersement has always seemed questionable. I now see that there's several manufacturers making mini projector 9003 led assemblies. High and low beam. Has anyone first hand experience with these ? Be happy to see what you have to say if you do. Thanks guys.

On my Gen3 2013 I tried several different bulbs and wasn't satisfied. To me the low beam always needed to come up and the high beam always needed to go down. This is important to me- as a night worker about 40% of my seat time is in the dark. Most folks never notice but the Gen 3 reflectors are shaped significantly different from the Gen2. The bulbs I love in my '07 are woefully inadequate to me in my '13. I eventually ended up with Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0 bulbs in my '13.