Lenkadapters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetmaker737

Reaction score
Can anybody report on these? They are bar risers, 25 mm rise with adjustable bar angle. They sound pretty cool but they aren't cheap. Found them at Bike Johny.

ya10_09_001_51.jpg

Another view:

MVC_853X.sized.jpg

I have a set of these installed and I love them. I think the rise is only about 3/4" as compared to some other manufacturers and I have them adjusted so they are slightly wider then stock and have encountered zero numb wrist events. They allow me to ride more or less with my arms straight in a much more comfortable position then the stock bars allow.

Got mine from www.whaccessories.com (Wild Hare) I think!!

FtLFjr

Got em on mine as well and love them. Quality product. Unlike FtLFjr, i brought mine in closer and love it, shortened the reach quite a bit. Very versatile. JB

I've had a set on my '03 since 11/02, along with a set of Doug Hines risers. Brought it up a full 2" and allowed me to turn the bars out slightly which made a BIG difference in wrist comfort.

The bars are pulled in too far for many people who complain of wrist pain. The Lenkadapters cure this problem easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, great product. Beautifully made. Allow you to change the bar angle forward or back. I have goon arms, and it really helped to move the bars forward, and with less rearward-tilted grips. None of the other risers do this.

Well, I bought a set of these and put them on yesterday. I adjusted the angle outwards about 6 degrees. The rise is about 3/4 inch.

At first they felt wierd...just a different position than what I was used to. After 4 rides I can say that the hand position is really much more natural, and I like the fact that I still retain some degree of forward lean onto the bar, though it's not as much as it was (which is good).

B)

...I adjusted the angle outwards about 6 degrees....I still retain some degree of forward lean onto the bar, though it's not as much as it was (which is good)...
Hmmm, I don't understand, wouldn't angling the bars outward increase the forward lean?

FWIW, I've angled my Lenkers inward to get almost full upright riding position with almost no forward lean remaining. Very comfortable for me, a very high quality product. After reading these posts, I may play around with widening the angle just to see how that feels, tho I think I've found wrist nirvana.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with Yambone on this, I've put mine inward and find that to be as near perfect as you can get, at least for me. JB

I have also had the Lenks from Bike Johnny since new. In the first month I experimented with about 4 or 5 different angles til I found the one that was best for me (slightly wider - with the stock seat in my case), but this will vary with your build, other farkles (e.g., custom seat) and the phases of the moon. The quality of these pieces is outstanding - like jewellery! If I go with the Corbin, I will at least have to adjust the Lenks to bring the bars in a bit, and if that doesn't give me good wrist comfort, I may go with a Hines riser too to bring them back. Good luck.

Hmmm, I don't understand, wouldn't angling the bars outward increase the forward lean?
So I think the best way to describe it is, between the 3/4 upward/inward rise and the approx 1 inch extension/widening, the reach is slightly more "forward" and a lot less "downward", so not as much weight riding on the grips.

And my wrists are in line with my forearms instead of being cocked at an angle.

Okay, I gotcha. That 3/4" rise does make a difference and might be all you need to take off some wrist pressure.

As far as wrist alignment, I was concerned about this also, possibly torqueing in too much. But if I close my eyes, extend my arms in a relaxed position, I end up with the same angle as my Lenk adjustment. A couple of longer road trips told me I'm good to go.

All of these findings are very subjective. As FastJoyRide notes, the seat type plays into the formula. I cut my stock seat and inserted a temperfoam composite with a slight pocket to negate the forward lean from my torso just a tad. The Lenkadapters are especially cool as you can play around with them and make adjustments to suit your mood and preferred body position.