let's use our heads.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRay

Reaction score
When I got home from swfog I found out a guy I used to ride with was killed on Sunday. The story is that they were riding on Mt Baker in WA. and he made a pass over the double yellow on a corner at high speed and lost control. Went over a 200 foot drop off and died. It's a shame for somebody to die trying to keep up with others doing the same crap. Let's use the big head while riding and let the little one tell the story over a beer.

He was riding a 07 FJR. Not that it matters, just for info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing in the news, very sad to go in such beautiful country. Article I read once stated the leading causes of motorcycle crashes were riding with a group and twisty roads in to high a gear.

That's sucks, Ray. Losing a buddy is never a good think. I usually squirt a swig of their favorate adult beverage on the floor in their honor. Luckily, I've only had to do it a couple times.

Ray,

I'm sorry you lost a friend like that, such a waste, and I'm sure he will be missed.

It's interesting that there is another thread active this week concerning the death someone while on a bike, also running way too fast for the conditions. This one was an opposing car making a turn across his path...

Hard Hitting Video

We're not young any more, and we certainly aren't invincible like we once thought of ourselves. Every time we swing a leg over these wonderful machines, we accept a certain level of risk. After several months, I finally watched that video in that other thread. The rider had a GoPro camera which recorded the whole incident, the last minutes of his life. Yeah, it happens that fast. One minute you think you are in complete control, the next moment your life changes. When I had my head on collision 5 years ago, due to a truck crossing my right of way, it was feeling of astonishment in that blink of an eye. Watching that video brought back that same sobering reaction.

His last word was "Noo..."

Please be careful out there friends, the laws of physics can be pretty brutal.

I survived my little incident by the grace of Jesus Christ.

Brodie

cry.gif

I am sorry to hear about that Ray, and as far as your message, I read you loud and clear.

Ray, sorry about your riding friend.

I will add that I usually ride right, and I always preach right before a group ride...

...but sometimes, stupid takes over on a ride.

Thanks for the warning...sorry about your friend.

I don't want to be "that" guy.

Ray, sorry to hear of this. Man, there's been a bunch of motorcycle fatalities around south eastern Idaho during the past month. It's not good!

Sorry to hear of such tragedy. May he RIP and may his family cope.

Makes me wonder how close I (or many of us) have been to a similar outcome. Just one rock or strip of sand or animal in the 'right' place at the wrong time ... I know it weighs on my wife's mind.

This is a reminder to me to ride smart, and at less than max limits of my and bike's ability at all times. But in some rate moments, the little guy on my shoulder whispers loudly, having effect on my right wrist.

Sorry for the loss of your friend and condolences to his family.

I've ridden with a group twice and never will again. The last time I was seconds behind a rider and his passenger crashing.

Both survived but its something I don't want to witness again.

As always, I hate to hear of anyone being injured or worse while riding. My sympathy to all of his friends and family.

Tragic news. Condolences to you and to the rider's family and friends, and a wish that all can come to terms with this loss.