Loaner Tools-Gen2 Fork Seal Bushing Drivers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
There are several good threads around here about how to install fork seals and bushings using improvised tools. Problem for me is I'm kinda a tool whore. To do my forks I bought the Yamaha tools-

90890-01508 YM-01508 BUSHING INSTALLER
90890-01502 YM-A0948 SEAL DRIVER

It helped that I found a source other than the dealer. So I'm throwing this out to see if there's any interest:

If you want to borrow these tools to make your seal/bushing job a breeze, all that it will cost you in the end is shipping both ways. There will be a significant deposit required. We'll have to figure out the details but I think with paypal on both ends it can be easily done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you purchase them and how much? That is a generous offer, but I really would like to own them. I will be hosting a tech day 4/25. Maybe I will borrow them for then if that is possible.

Hey 1911, What about the rest of us Tool Whores? We want the insider report.

Where to buy them, the part numbers and the cost would be great. :)

90890-01508 / YM-01508 BUSHING INSTALLER $93.94

90890-01502 / YM-A0948 SEAL DRIVER $68.28

as quoted by the local megadealer-you know the kind-the ones paying floorplan on 100 new bikes sitting on the showroom floor.

The Yamaha dealers don't buy their special tools, even the Yamaha specific ones listed in the FSM, through Yamaha. They get them through K&L. K&L is wholesale only so I still had to go through a dealer- a small motorsports dealer that did me a favor. You can see from the linked dealer cost list that even with a modest markup and shipping from Kalifornia, the $ layout was still significant, thus the big$ deposit asked to borrow. Check around your neighborhood with people in the motorsports/motorcycle/moped business and most of them should have a K&L dealer account. I’d be glad to see how much my guy would sell them to you or even maybe do a group buy, but with double shipping you would most likely do better getting them locally.

K&L catalog-see page 57 for seal tool and page 74 for bushing tool. Look at ONLY these pages if you have trouble controlling your toolwhore lust.

https://www.klsupply.com/KLProductCatalog/2015KLSupplyCatalogQuickView.aspx

Dealer price list-bushing tool on page 9, seal tool on page 14

https://klsupply.com/download/ndsu-2010-cs3-0129-N.pdf