Look What Followed Me Home

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
Stable mate for the FJR the last few years has been this VFR, great bike for those feel like a nut days.

IMG_0244.jpg

Well today I got to kicking tires in the Ducati showroom, and BSing with the salesman (dangerous thing to do).

Long story short I came home with this

Ducati 848

DSCN0236.jpg

DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0232-1.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg

Damn salesman made me test ride it, after half hour pulled back into the dealership, grin so big I think I pulled a facial muscle :yahoo:

FJR, Duc is a little lacking on luggage capacity, might fit a toothbrush under the rear seat, if you cut the handle off first.

That's why I don't test ride, I was at the BMW dealer and the salesman said to take the S 1000 RR for a spin.. I had to bite my lip and said NO THANKS..Congrats on your new stable mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Krap Karl :eek:

I figured by the thread title you bough a second bike- you know a V Strom or Super Tenre but Nooooo...

a friggin' Ducati. OK a nice GT1000 or a Multi but nope an 848. Damn that looks FUN!

Why not ship it to my house this winter so you can leave the snow and ride it, I'll even keep the battery up to full charge ;)

Holy Krap Karl :eek:

I figured by the thread title you bough a second bike- you know a V Strom or Super Tenre but Nooooo...

a friggin' Ducati. OK a nice GT1000 or a Multi but nope an 848. Damn that looks FUN!

Why not ship it to my house this winter so you can leave the snow and ride it, I'll even keep the battery up to full charge ;)
Nice Try!

Tell you what, the exhaust note alone is almost worth the price of admission.

Pulled to a stop light next to an HD, doing the HD thing, blippiing the throttle, so I Blipped the Duc's throttle, guy looked over and almost dumped the hog. :lol:

Put it on a trailer and tow it with the FJR? That doesn't count as trailering it, because you can't ride 2 bikes at once!

Who was that a while back that towed his track bike behind his FJR?

Nice Try!

Tell you what, the exhaust note alone is almost worth the price of admission.

Pulled to a stop light next to an HD, doing the HD thing, blippiing the throttle, so I Blipped the Duc's throttle, guy looked over and almost dumped the hog. :lol:

Owning a Ducati automatically disallows you from making the traditional Harley rider diggs and jabbs.

Did you buy the Ducati leathers, Ducati T shirt, Ducati boots, Ducati key chain, Ducati socks, Ducati dog leash, Ducati coffee beans, Ducati toothbrush, Ducati boxer briefs, and Ducati signature Starbucks coffee mug, YET?

:rofl:

Cool ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
God... I *love* the matte black finish... and the pipes... and the single-sided swingarm... and... oh, I'll be in my bunk!