Look what followed me home....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr

Reaction score
I have an o4 CBR600RR but decided to up the ante.

I'll do a ride report if there is interest.

DSC01882.JPG

Nice looking bike. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Honda's. I've been toying with the idea of getting myself the anniversary edition VFR...

Interceptor_ABS_Pearl_Blue_Pearl_White_Red.jpg

And what is that, an Opel?

Nice looking bike. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Honda's. I've been toying with the idea of getting myself the anniversary edition VFR...

Mini Clubman in the driveway.

I saw one of the 07 VFRs in the shop. Beautiful bike and was second on the list. I couldn't turn down the deal on the leftover CBR though.

I saw one of the 07 VFRs in the shop. Beautiful bike and was second on the list. I couldn't turn down the deal on the leftover CBR though.
I've been eying one up myself - may i ask what kind of deal? Local dealer has several here to choose from - the 07 black is really sharp but they have a few blue/yellow's and a couple silvers too.

I bought in a pic of a sale price on ebay for $8995 otd.

You should be able to get an 06 for that or less.

I didn't ask about an 07. Same bike but I liked the 06 colors.

Last edited by a moderator:

First car was a 1968 Opel Kadett Ralleye bought for $700 and sold a year later for $500 - only thing I had to put in it was a water pump - I think it was from a VW dealer where I had to get it.

That Mini has a smaller motor than the FJR :lol:

Richard

I like the wagon too. What is it?Nice CBR.
+1As an ex-'60s 998 Mini Cooper S owner, I at first only saw the (what I'd call) cool Mini 'Countryman' or, 'Shooting Brake' or, 'Estate Wagon' with the 10 inch 'Minilite' wheels -- looks RHD (is it?). Then I saw the typically nice ABQ neighborhood (didn't recognize it, tho). And, finally, the pretty CBR. ;)

I have an o4 CBR600RR but decided to up the ante.I'll do a ride report if there is interest.

DSC01882.JPG

"

Whatever followed that mini home was following way to closely!

CK

PS Nice bike in the drive too! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys who are interested in a VFR should really take a test ride first. I had a 2004 and while it handled great for being a heavy bike, I finally couldn't take the Vtec anymore. This thing is a 2 valve per cylinder motor up until 6400 rpm (7000 rpm if you have an 02-05) and its like somebody hit the nitrous bottle at that point when the Vtec engages. This isn't the same Vtec as on their cars. And it gets annoying trying to keep the bike up in that rpm range all the time because its a V motor and not an inline.

I sold mine to buy the FJR and never looked back. I would have kept it if it would have been a normal 4 valve per cylinder bike like the old VFR's were.

You guys who are interested in a VFR should really take a test ride first. I had a 2004 and while it handled great for being a heavy bike, I finally couldn't take the Vtec anymore. This thing is a 2 valve per cylinder motor up until 6400 rpm (7000 rpm if you have an 02-05) and its like somebody hit the nitrous bottle at that point when the Vtec engages. This isn't the same Vtec as on their cars. And it gets annoying trying to keep the bike up in that rpm range all the time because its a V motor and not an inline.
I sold mine to buy the FJR and never looked back. I would have kept it if it would have been a normal 4 valve per cylinder bike like the old VFR's were.
I sold my 03 to trade up to my FJR as well. Honda needs to pull their heads out of their asses on that one and put a real motor in that bike. Put a 1200cc V4 in that puppy and I will be a 2 bike family. Just don't tell my wife!!

The bike in the pic looks like the same model Will Smith rode in I-Robot. PM. <>< :unknw:

Of course do a ride report - please!
Awesome bike. I bought a 600RR about two years ago with a salvage title to get a feel

for a sportbike.. I am 58, so I wasn't sure about the ergonomics of a real sportbike. It takes some getting used to and

I now find the only problem I have with it is low back muscles which I am working on. I ride it way more then I

did the 600 though. There is something to be said for that much HP between your legs.

The engine pulls from very low RPM up to redline very strongly. I put a Scorpion slip on exhaust and I really think it

added a few hp. Either that or the roar! I would think the FJR would stay with it to about 60mph and then this thing would

be gone. I've had it up to about 125 and it is amazingly stable for a 388 lb bike. The electronic steering damper works great.

Handling is phenomenal. You can really throw it around. I had a 750 Monster a few years ago and everything is better on

this bike from brakes to handling to smile factor.

Gas mileage is pretty poor(~30) but that's not really what it is made for. I think, of the Japanese liter bikes, it is probably the

most street easy. It is a ham cooker though like the FJR. :rolleyes:

I'm a big fan of Honda CBRs. That thing should hit an honest 170 or so. I still miss my 2000 929. I wish Honda would re-do their SportTouring offering. I'd give it a look. Still, the FJR really suits my needs right now.

Nice bike, the 1000RR. You'll love every minute you're on it.

I'm a big fan of Honda CBRs. That thing should hit an honest 170 or so. I still miss my 2000 929. I wish Honda would re-do their SportTouring offering. I'd give it a look. Still, the FJR really suits my needs right now.

Nice bike. You'll love every minute you're on it.