Looking at a Guzzi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not certain whether the Stelvios were involved, but some years of the 8 valves had tappet/cam recalls. Need roller tappets. Would be smart to check if the bike you’re interested in has been “rollerized” or is good to go without. My understanding is that the roller tappet kits are expensive.

If you want to finish off your lower back, I have a V11 Sport I’ll sell you.

Not certain whether the Stelvios were involved, but some years of the 8 valves had tappet/cam recalls. Need roller tappets. Would be smart to check if the bike you’re interested in has been “rollerized” or is good to go without. My understanding is that the roller tappet kits are expensive.

If you want to finish off your lower back, I have a V11 Sport I’ll sell you.
According to the engine number this one should have rollers. I'll pull a valve cover to double check. I'm  not quite getting the price I was shooting for but they are putting in a new batt, new tires and installing new fork seals and brake pads. Probably picking it up Wed.

I wouldn't  make it around the block on the V11

Many years ago, I rode with a guy from Vegas on our Kawi Concours's  to a Moto Guzi rally at a park in Prescott (he knew some of these guys). Really cool bikes & peeps!

Well, what happened? Did you have a great climax ending or premature ejac? 🤣
Leaving tonight around midnight to be at their door when they open. Why don't you meet me there and you can buy breakfast. :punk:

Is this it?

Used 2015 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 NXT ABS Motorcycles in San Jose, CA | Stock Number: ZZIV.6L (spiritmotorcycles.com)

6000000002.jpg

Ended up doing a SS1K just to get the damn thing. 1009 miles in 20 hours in the truck but the air conditioning was great.  104 in Redding.

I'm going to get the servicing up to snuff and then see how I like it. The valves are a lot easier than the FJR.