• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

No Longer Wanted Looking for right driver foot peg for 2007

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggjohn

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I had a foot peg broken off by an alligator (the rubber variety) in Florida. I am in need of a right side driver foot peg complete with the rubber and the knuckle on the end. It's for a 2007 FJR1300A, but my guess is that all years are the same.

I don't have a foot peg for you, but I'm sure curious about this alligator incident. When you come back to check for results, take a minute to talk about that. Seems like it must have been a hard enough hit that it could have dumped you or broken your toe/foot/ankle. good luck with your search, anyway.

Ok, here's the story. I was riding along the Florida Turnpike in a construction zone with heavy traffic. In front of me a big hunk of truck tire tread (alligator) comes sliding across into my lane. I did not have time to avoid it and ran over it with my front wheel. It was kicked up and slammed into my right foot which was sent flying into the air. For an instant I thought I would crash, but I recovered. I went to put my foot back on the peg, but I couldn’t find it. Realizing that the peg must be gone, I pulled to the side of the road and confirmed that it was busted off. I lowered the passenger peg on that side and determined that I could ride using it, but not for long.

I got off of the highway, found a shady spot, and gave thanks that I was still alive and uninjured. It looked like nothing else was damaged including where the peg mounts, so I moved the passenger peg to the front. It fits, although it droops a bit. But it got me back on the road with only a 30 minute delay. I later determined that I could cut and fold a couple of strips of aluminum from a beer can and when jammed behind the peg it eliminated most of the droop.

I rode it that way through the Tail of the Dragon, the Blue Ridge Parkway and then all the way home to Colorado.

@Whooshka how does one end up with an extra pair of footpegs? My bike came with the right amount. 😀 - Just kidding, of course. What type of aftermarket ones you replaced the originals with?

@Whooshka how does one end up with an extra pair of footpegs? My bike came with the right amount. 😀 - Just kidding, of course. What type of aftermarket ones you replaced the originals with?

Goldwing pegs. Forgot the year. Wider and more surface area for the bottom of my foot. They also drop about 1/2 inch for a little relief on the knees. Helps with the neuropathy I got from chemo.
gw pegs1.jpg
gw pegs2.jpg

Last edited:
If I remember right I did adjust the lever a bit. The peg reduced the peg to shifter by maybe a half inch? So, I raised the lever a hair to make it easier to get my boot under.

Goldwing pegs. Forgot the year. Wider and more surface area for the bottom of my foot. Helps with the neuropathy I got from chemo.
View attachment 4369
View attachment 4370
That is so cool! Great idea. Thank you! On multi-day trips (10+) the bottom middle of my foot becomes quite sore, even though I try to move them around as much as I can on the pegs. A wider peg would certainly help with that.

Thanks so much for all the info you gave! I will be looking for a set of pegs like that for sure. I am sorry to hear about the neuropathy your treatment left you to cope with. We all need adopt to health issues as best as we can. Clever solutions like yours help a lot.

All the best to you!
Sincerely,
RiderJoe

Thank you RiderJoe! I am a lucky man with an incredibly supportive wife and a 7 year old who keep my heart beating. ;)

The best to you also!

BTW when you get the pegs feel free to PM me for my number and I can help with installing the right side. You "may" get a very slight contact with the brake lever. I hit it with a grinding wheel to shave a hair off then discovered I didn't need to. LOL

Thank you so much for your offer! I might take you up on it if I run into issues. First, I will look for the parts - they shouldn’t be too difficult to find.

Thanks again for the idea and information!

RiderJoe