Looking for Suggestions for Bike Cover for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SERider

Reaction score
Hi,

i usually keep the FJR tucked in the garage in front of the car when not in use, but I also have an uncovered exterior patio when use is frequent.  The patio is very convenient.  I like to keep the saddlebags on the FJR and wish to see what other FJR riders use to cover down to the tires with saddlebags on.  Any brand and size suggestions?  Thanks.

For how you're looking to use it I'd go looking for a Yamaha cover which they make (made?) specifically for the FJR.  It's sort of heavy and doesn't pack small in it's own bag so it's not very travel friendly but if it's only to be used on your patio it could fit the bill.  One comes up for sale every so often but I'd guess if you posted a Want To Buy request someone somewhere probably has one laying around that they'd let go.

I posted about this not too long ago, but before you joined I guess.  I LOVE my Speedway Motorcycle Shelter.  I've had it for maybe 8 years, had to replace the fabric cover due to it's just breaking down in the sun, but they sell the new covers for maybe half of the original price and it just fits fine over the sturdy metal frame.  Costs more than any fabric cover, but much much better--good protection, easy to use.  Really worth considering.  I just Googled it to get the link and with a little searching you'll find there are other competitors in this field you might want to check out too, including ebay finds.  Check out Speedway's own website, too, but the video shows you all the benefits real well.  Good luck.

By the way, the larger size is perfect for the FJR with top and side bags and any size windscreen.

Thank you to all with their feedback!  I will explore those suggestions.  I did a forum search prior to the post and found only a couple of items, maybe I did not use enough words. Stay safe everyone.  

I'll second the Yamaha cover.  It came with the bike from the previous owner.  Covers with the bags on and has a zip out section to cover the top case.  Well made, but yes, heavy and doesn't pack down too well.

I can't remember the brand but the one I have has two straps that connect underneath to hold the cover down.  Look for that feature, very nice during hurricanes in my carport.

I washed the bike over the weekend, covered her and put her to bed.  Stay at home order in MD.

6oYKf02.jpg

Are people really staying at home and not riding? Anyway I have a Yamaha FJR cover which no longer gets any use. I used it a few time on trips but as said i doesn't pack well and is heavier. My bike sits in the heated garage so I don't use covers in the garage either. An old sheet works well also in the garage for covering just to keep the dust off. :winksmiley02:   After looking at the picuture above it may be a heavier version. Mine is more like canvas.

I would be willing to part with it for the right price if interested. PM me. Very good condition.

Thanks, Dave

Dave, I may be interested in your FJR cover but my PM to you will not go through. Can you PM me with another email address for you? Thanks. 

Dave, I may be interested in your FJR cover but my PM to you will not go through. Can you PM me with another email address for you? Thanks. 
That's because you're new enough that your post counts don't meet the minimum settings. It had to be put in place to prevent drive-by spammers from PMing people with their sales pitches.

Are people really staying at home and not riding? Anyway I have a Yamaha FJR cover which no longer gets any use. I used it a few time on trips but as said i doesn't pack well and is heavier. My bike sits in the heated garage so I don't use covers in the garage either. An old sheet works well also in the garage for covering just to keep the dust off. :winksmiley02:   After looking at the picuture above it may be a heavier version. Mine is more like canvas.

I would be willing to part with it for the right price if interested. PM me. Very good condition.

Thanks, Dave
Yeah, my wife is high risk, and the hospitals are over loaded.  I decided to lay low.

My cover is also a  heavy canvas-type material.  You can barely see the red cover on my FJ behind it, that is very light, like a parachute.

Thanks, Dave
Well, it's purdie damn cold where I live, but got into upper 60s yesterday, and I didn't ride. Even though there's very few cases in our area, if I were to bail, that'd take resources from the medical community, so I pulled weeds instead.

vPaaQcu.jpg

Nelson-Riggs half-cover, extra-large. Fits over all bags.

The covered bike is mine, with the half-cover. The bike in front is Vic's (majicmaker) and the bike behind mine is Mike Oliver's (Patriot.) Mike's health issues have stopped his riding days, unfortunately. This was at the Blue Angels end-of-season show in November 2011.

49753262148_aba997765d_b.jpg

Another +1 for the Nelson Rigg half cover in XL if someone wants a half cover.  Mine lasted a loooong time with a lot of travel use and I replaced it with a second one. 

For someone needing/wanting an inexpensive cover, I've got a couple around not being used.  PM me or post here if you want more details. 

One rolls/stuffs in bags about 10"Lx5" dia.   This is a half cover.  It's an EZ Touring "Wanderer" model, size M and would fit a FJR without top box.  edit:  Took it out and looked at it.  It appears to be new, un-used and is clean, etc.  Black color.  $60+ shipping gets it to your door.

https://eztouring.com/product/wanderer-a/

The other one is a  full to the ground cover approx. 12"L x 8" dia. in it's stuff bag.  This one needs a wash and may have a minor hole or other damage, but would be free, just the cost of the shipping to you from 38801.

I can find out more info if there is interest.