Loud Pipes? Nice job.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr. Rich wrote-

Just listen to the voice of wisdom.... "Loud Pipes Don't Mean Shit to Me!"
Rich, if you could refrain from using expletives in your posts, I'd be very grateful.

Yes, I've reported you to the admins.

It's for your own good.

(Shouldn't you be prepping crab pots, and polishing your dinghy?)

grin.gif
no-irish-need-apply-daily-republican-il-7-may-1873-2.jpg
no_irish_no_blacks.jpg
irish.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing with those anti-loud-pipes petitions and ordinances is that they always say "motorcycles," not "vehicles with exhaust noise is excess of xx dB at 100 feet" or something actually applicable to the problem.

The people are complaining about the noise, and not noticing how many quieter motorcycle actually pass through without issue.

I'd like to have one here about aircraft towing advertising banners over the beach. I HATE those things!!!

What about the Dodge Neons and Honda Civics with those dammed fart-cans on them? At least the HD POS bikes could sound good if they weren't so effing obnoxious.

Speaking of obnoxiously loud vehicles, how about those super powerful sub-woofers?

Aaaand, those bikes equipped with speakers, which are cranked to 11 to be heard over the life-saving pipes.

Thinking of installing a cat-back on my HHR

like this:

(mine is a red 5-speed, and doesn't blow any smoke like the one in the vid)

It already has a premium sound system, which is quite sufficiently loud for me.

The Staintune cans on my fjr are not obnoxiously loud, even with the suppressors out.

BTW, did you know installation of super powerful, sub-woofer car systems can invalidate the warranty? Or so I've been told

(incidentally, why won't my youtoob vids post consistently?)

I had to go look up HHR. I also had a Magnaflow on my pickup. It wasn't covered in the back like the HHR which, to me, appears more like a PT Cruiser.

I had to go look up HHR. I also had a Magnaflow on my pickup. It wasn't covered in the back like the HHR which, to me, appears more like a PT Cruiser.
That's because it was designed by Bryan Nesbitt, the lead designer of the Chrysler PT Cruiser. The HHR design was inspired by the 1949 Chevy Suburban. It's a fun little car, especially the SS turbo 5-speed.

But it's not loud enough!
punk.gif

Post No. 19. Indeed, Indeed.

Someone once told me that buying a Harley is the most efficient way to convert money into noise.

Man you guys sound like a bunch of grumpy old farts. Weren't you ever young and dumb? Let's legislate sound, and horsepower and lumens...

Yeah, but when you're a 40 year old dipshit that still lives with his mom, the loud pipes, "look at me" BS needs to stop.