• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

LOW mile '14 ES - Not mine, but cheap. $7k

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruinFJRguy

Reaction score
Looks like a good price for an ES.

Just happened upon it on Craigs.

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/d/temecula-2014-yamaha-fjr1300-electric/6822238576.html

Noticed it has a Power Comander. No idea why. I don't know that I've seen one on a gen3. Also, looks like Delkovic pipes maybe?

Anyhow, posting here for interest's sake.

Edit: Something may be weird with the right-side mirror. Could be good for someone to check out, though.

Also, I know nothing about the bike and have not seen it. Please shop carefully.

If anyone in CA looks at this bike, there may be issues getting a CA title. I've learned the bike is titled out of state. There are strict emissions laws in CA and a 7500 mile requirement to bypass them. Please be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
My spidey sense is tingling and I can hear my Dad - "If it sounds too good to be true, then it is too good to be true."

We need someone in the area to take one for the team and go check it out.

... I dunno. It's kinda "in the zone." Could be he just wants a quick sale.

I mean, what is the best likely sales price? What would be a reasonable "ask"? I'm thinking anything higher than $8500 would be too much to ask, considering a 2014 is now 5 model years old and this one is not that farkled. Maybe $8k as a reasonable expectation, after waiting for the right buyer??? I suppose some folks just want a quick sale and to be done with it...

Could also have cosmetic defects. I'm still curious about those "wind deflectors" on the mirrors. Are they normal?

Right. I see low mile '15 A models come up pretty regularly for $7500 or so.

With a lot of the same model for sale, competition can be stiff. One that is priced very appealing will probably sell while others sit...

Anyhow, maybe I'll get anxious for a ride in the next couple weeks and cruise down for the sake of the "team."
smile.png

When I first saw it I was immediately considering a fly and ride. Started to create a list of items to take with me to install before the ride. I have already flown in motorcycle gear carrying a helmet so I have done that drill before. I can't honestly say that it has been completely ruled out yet.

Joe

... I dunno. It's kinda "in the zone." Could be he just wants a quick sale.
I mean, what is the best likely sales price? What would be a reasonable "ask"? I'm thinking anything higher than $8500 would be too much to ask, considering a 2014 is now 5 model years old and this one is not that farkled. Maybe $8k as a reasonable expectation, after waiting for the right buyer??? I suppose some folks just want a quick sale and to be done with it...

Could also have cosmetic defects. I'm still curious about those "wind deflectors" on the mirrors. Are they normal?
I think those oversized mirror covers are wind guards and were OEM Yamaha accessories. I believe I remember hearing they could be purchased in Europe or Canada from Yamaha and that they were pretty efficient at blocking wind from your hands.

There are over 400 FJRs for sale on Cycle Trader
My opinion ... based on my own initial reaction to a new FJR. No disrespect to anyone selling their FJR; there are many reasons to sell a motorcycle. This is MY EXPERIENCE only.

Some folks may buy this bike and quickly think, "This motorcycle is too powerful and too quick for me. It was a mistake to buy it." I certainly did. But I was a single man, hard-headed, and too proud to admit I was afraid of an inanimate object.

So, in the first six months of ownership, I spent many spring and summer evenings touring through the beautiful north Atlanta suburbs in second gear becoming adjusted to the bike's weight, handling, ABS, and throttle response. I rationalized that staying in second gear would keep me out of trouble and cause less harm if I lost control or crashed. (I swear; it did.)

During that six-month training period, I slowly added higher-speed rides -- using gears 3 through 5 -- during daylight hours.

All that to avoid placing my new, low-mileage FJR for sale on Craigslist or somewhere similar.

After those first few months of apprehension, I began to love this bike and the adventures it offered.

I found out this was owned by some famous guy named Jussie. I guess hes going away for a while, so he wont be able to keep it.
Interesting. Is the requested method of payment via paypal to "[email protected]"? Is delivery to occur later via a "very reputable" shipper?
rolleyes.gif

My apologies in advance if I've aided a scammer... Good grief. Seemed at least "plausibly" legit. Oh well.

Edit: Just figured out who this "Jussie' is. Didn't make the connection at first. Is this for real or are you joking? :)

I was thinking it might be the result of a divorce - one where the wronged spouse is selling all of his crap. The descriptions definitely read like someone that is not familiar with the bike.

I just texted. No mention of "Jussie." lol

I googled the phone number first. It's a MD area code. There are references to it in ad postings for a marina in Maryland.

I got pictures of a couple rubs on the right sidebag from boots, along with an explanation that it is MD titled and the owner "would rather avoid" titling it here. Says the pink is in hand with no liens...

Given the mileage (under 7500) titling here may be all but impossible until over 7500 miles. Says he's out of state until tomorrow but could show it later on.

I have no idea if legit or not. It might work for a out-of-state fly-and-ride.

Of course, I should have mentioned it before, but, I have no knowledge or certainty of the validity of this listing. So please exercise due diligence!

(If someone is interested, I, like 03silverbullet, am game to take the ride down. If I go it will have to be after next Weds, though.)

Just for grins, I checked on Kelley Blue Book for a 2014 FJR1300ES. For normal mileage Trade-in value is $7370. Typical asking price is $10,440. So, normally you shoot for somewhere in the middle of wholesale and retail.

NADA says average retail is $8895. But they assume it actually has some miles on it.