Lowering options

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used links from Distribution Jester. 5/8" drop, worked as advertised. This was my experiment to see if 1/2" - 5/8'" lower would be the ticket before I spent more money having a custom corbin seat made. Seems like they were around 30.00. If you don't ride too hard, you wont notice much of a diiference in handling. I took them off after getting a corbin seat made with a "nose job"......

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious about the folks who have lowered their FJRs. I'm not the tallest person in the world (5'6", 30" inseam or maybe a little less), but I'm okay with the current bike height. I have my saddle on the low setting, and don't have a problem touching both feet. I am on the balls of my feet (not flat-footed). I've also learned to be willing to scoot over to one side or the other if conditions warrant, and to pick my stopping places carefully (don't stop on a sideslope, or if I do angle the bike so that it is heading up the slope, not across it).
I'd worry about lowering the bike due to decreases in lean angle/clearance, and suspension travel.
I'm 5'6"with a 29" inseam and lowering with Kouba links was the second best thing I did to my bike (a close second behind the Russell seats). I don't have to worry so much about where I stop and back pedaling is much easier.

As for lean angle, I only have issues when I'm riding two-up. It's a small price to pay for stability when stopping/stopped.

Latest posts