Lowering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulF99

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience in lowering the fjr? I'm interested in lowering the bike by an inch or so in order to get more of both feet on the ground.

What RossKean said. Try "lowering" and "dog bones" as an example. Many threads on it.

Did you try a search? Tons of info on this forum.
Spoken by the 6+' guy :D

To the OP, yes should be tons of info on this site. Dog bones are the start; don't forget to change the angle of your sidestand and drop your front end (about 10? mm). Also, unless you're built like The Hulk, it's handy to keep a piece of 2x4 in your garage for lifting Miss PIggy onto her centre stand (roll the back tire onto the board) ;)

I've got a short inseam and put a set of Soupy's adjustable links on my '09 and dropped the front end about 8mm, much better for me. Also what MEM said, put the rear tire on a piece of wood before putting it on the centre stand. If you don't modify the side stand you'll have to be really aware of how/where you park it.

You could search but this is what I've done. 7/8s Kouba links (dog bones), slipped the front forks 1/2 inch, Corbin seat. As for the side stand, if you grind off the little stop it allows the stand to go further forward which solves that problem. Makes the bike much more comfortable at stops. Of course YMMV. 😁

Has anyone had experience in lowering the fjr? I'm interested in lowering the bike by an inch or so in order to get more of both feet on the ground.
Paul,

The stock seat has two positions, high and low. See the Owners Manual.
Boots with thick aggressive heels and treads ("waffle-stompers") will bring the Earth closer, and you'll be walking taller. Use caution on stairs and curbs at first, until you become accustomed to them.