LS2 Valiant 2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed the Shark Evoline (1-3) and owned 4 of them. I am currently shopping helmets and I am torn between the Shark Evo One 2 and the LS2 Valiant 2. Does anyone have experience with the LS 2 or better yet, experience with both models?

Helmet just arrived.

First thoughts:

Came with Back pack & Helmet bag

Chin Bar has a skirt at the bottom to reduce noise.

Pin lock included 

Sizes definitely run small (I might pick up an XL for colder riding if I like the helmet)

Initial thumbs up !

03683959-CD39-461B-9A31-EA7457464407.jpeg

EE373C53-AA8E-4615-AE0D-A5664164CB70.jpeg

71F65DDB-D33A-4013-9AD8-AC93CA18CF46.jpeg

This was my question as well. The helmet specific version seems to use older software and not the latest and greatest.  Plus rumor has it the LS version is more oval and less round than the shark. 

I have always enjoyed the Shark Evoline (1-3) and owned 4 of them. I am currently shopping helmets and I am torn between the Shark Evo One 2 and the LS2 Valiant 2. Does anyone have experience with the LS 2 or better yet, experience with both models?
Yes I've had one for a couple of years now and find it to be great. Very comfortable in either cold or hot conditions with the multi positions you can adjust it to. I wear a set of "Bose noise canceling" ear phones so had to remove a small section of the styrofoam to allow space in the helmet. Other than that it's an amazing helmet, at a reasonable price.

My daughter loves her LS2 helmet. I ordered one in a 2XL. Really liked its look but it was incredibly tight so I returned it. They didn't offer a 3XL. I also did not like strap locking mechanism. Gimme a double D ring anyday.
Lee

I had a LS2 valiant for a few years. Found it to be a good helmet for folks like me with an egg shaped head. Took a while for it to pack out and become really comfortable. I liked the ratchet buckle, same thing my current Shoei has. Ventilation was much better than my current Shoei. Only real downsides we're that it was pretty noisy even with vents shut, and the matte finish came off the shiny base pretty easily.

Just got one recently and wore it in a multi day ride. No complaints so far. Was tight at first (xl), but loosened up a little. Never unbearable though. I had a Shark before this that didn’t hold up well. The LS is a much better design overall IMO.

I’v tried a bunch of helmet brands over the years...favourite was an old Bieffe (that I crashed in), until I found the LS2 FF393 convertible, that sadly has been replaced by the Valiant in the LS2 lineup. The old model fit my head perfectly, but the Valiant is too round. I’m still wearing the Convertible, but LS2 no longer makes visors for it, so I am on the last stretch...I love the convertible concept, and the helmet has held up well, but I don’t know what I am going to do next. I can’t get my head into an XL Valiant...

I've had a LS2 Valiant for a few years now and like it for warmer weather rides but have just completed a cross country ride in mostly stormy weather! Never had a leak into the helmet and it didn't fog up at all, it performed well and when the temps rose it was a lot more comfortable than my Arai or the Shoei full face helmets.

Have had the shark and thought the chin bar lock was a bit suspect. The LS2 locks with much greater precision and better quality feel. LS2 is great bang for buck gear. My 2 helmets are LS2 for around home and Shoei Neotec for extended highway travel as I find Shoei to be a bit quieter at higher speeds.

Have had the shark and thought the chin bar lock was a bit suspect. The LS2 locks with much greater precision and better quality feel. LS2 is great bang for buck gear. My 2 helmets are LS2 for around home and Shoei Neotec for extended highway travel as I find Shoei to be a bit quieter at higher speeds.
I got round the slight increase of noise with a set of Bose noise canceling ear buds, they work great for long or short day rides and can run music or phone through them. (they aren't cheep though)