MadMike's Accident

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
".......... and let down the FJR community ........." :rolleyes: SHEEEEEESH !!

Get the sympathy while you can huh? :huh:

:lol:

Seriously, thanks for the update Sabrina -- nice to know the little fellow is back home and mending -- and with his family to look after him.

Mikey --- we'll see ya in a couple of days.

Rog n Debs

Glad you're on the mend.

Thanks for sharing your experiences and lessons-learned. It will probably save a life someday.

Let down the FJR community? Dude, Mikey, you might want to reduce the meds your taking bro. :blink: Your not letting anyone down by making a mistake. My bet is everyone here at one time or another has done what you did and not eat and drink enough on a ride. You were just unlucky enough to have an accident when you did it.

Heal up and don't let this get you down!

Let down the FJR community? Dude, Mikey, you might want to reduce the meds your taking bro. :blink: Your not letting anyone down by making a mistake.
Well said. The only way you could have "let down the FJR community" is if you had not been following your own advice about AGATT and ended up in the morgue or on permanent life support. Because you practiced what you preached, it may motivate other members of the FJR community to follow your example and that is called Leadership -- but once is enough -- you have made your point about AGATT and its time to move on to other challenges.

Heal up, ride safe, and have fun!

He has things he wants to share (shocking) and is still in pain, here we are!
He is still a pain? Ya think?

Oops, mis-read that. Now how could that have happened?

".......... and let down the FJR community ........." :rolleyes: SHEEEEEESH !!Get the sympathy while you can huh? :huh:

:lol:

Seriously, thanks for the update Sabrina -- nice to know the little fellow is back home and mending -- and with his family to look after him.

Mikey --- we'll see ya in a couple of days.

Rog n Debs

Thanks Sabrina for posting for MM. :clapping: Gunny the sentiments expressed above.

Will drop by when your "entertaining" guests later, Mike. If you need anything, you have my number.

LC

Mike, really good to hear you're on the mend. And it's the KLR community you let down.. not the FJR boyz n' galz.. you kept the feejer safe n' sound while doing the floperooskie on the klr.. :rolleyes: . Seriously, good to read you're pretty much ok.. stay tough, huh?

Thanks for taking the time to update us on your condition AND for the forthright analysis of what caused your accident. I certainly agree with what everyone has said, you let no one down. In a manner of speaking,you helped us.

Keep the faith,

-GSE-

Hi Sabrina!! Thanks for looking after your, and our, precious Madmike.

MM2: We are glad to hear you are home and making rapid progress. You have been in our continuing prayers. The den mother and I will be visiting you soon. Would you like to place an order for brownies or your favorite cookies?

Oh by the way -- I have a special gift for you from Jason Britton, the famous stunt rider. It is an autographed poster that says:

"Mike -- see me for lessons. Get well soon". :lol:

See you soon!

Hang tough, my man, and take your time. Stuff like this is definately a lesson in patience. Just have faith that you'll be back. I know what the waiting is like and it's not a good feeling. But worry not, it's coming. All of a sudden, there will be two or three days that make all the difference in the world. One day it will be, "Crap, when will I be better," to another day when you realize, "Hey, I feel pretty darn good today."

I, for one, really appreciate you're keeping us posted about this. Pushing to hard and getting dehydrated is not one of those things that I really think about a lot. Maybe this is what happened to me. It was very hot that day. I had already rode many miles. I skipped lunch. I did not drink much at all that day. I dunno, could be the culprit.

Anyway, because of your post, it will be something that I give more thought to now. Something that I will try to defend myself against.

I hate that you had to endure this, but thanks for posting.

Mike can't count the number of times I've made those kind of bad judgements and (mostly) got away with them. Your turn - that's all it was, but props for stepping up and calling it like it was. Give those ribs time to heal my bro - and they will take some time...

Mike and Sabrina,

Thank you very much for sharing your flopperoo experience and what may have caused it. I'm so glad to hear you're back home - no place like home.

p.s. I just bought me a DS, so I'll have to remember to eat (Powerbars anyone?) and hydrate.

See ya in Denver :yahoo:

MM2, you're home, excellent! Hang in there bro'. Oh, and this quote?...

I will not be available to answer emails or PMS.
I don't blame you, with your broken ribs, I'd avoid those PMS cramps as well.

I, for one, really appreciate your keeping us posted about this. Pushing too hard and getting dehydrated is not one of those things that I really think about a lot... I skipped lunch. I did not drink much at all that day...Anyway, because of your post, it will be something that I give more thought to now. Something that I will try to defend myself against.

I hate that you had to endure this, but thanks for posting.
GUNNY!

Remember Hydration starts the night before and continues through your ride and than after your ride.

So its gulp,gulp ,gulp, gulp ..gulp, gulp........ get the ...........

MM2 in no time at all he will be singing " ON THE ROAD AGAIN"

Than he will be like Jeramy McGrath, Come on lets go ride :)

Aw, Mikey, it was good to see you for myself and know that you are doing well first hand. Besides, my bill is in the mail. ;)

Oh, yeah, one more thing: Listen to your mom and don't give her any grief! :p

Latest posts