• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Magnum Blaster harness fits the '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRandy

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know that my Magnum Blaster wiring harness DOES fit the '06 model as far as I can tell.

I saw the bike in person at the show in NYC, armed with tape measure and pad. I never needed either one. Just by looking at it, it should be the same. The '06 fact horns might sit a little lower, but my harness has some extra length already built in. And the MB horns should be mounted higher up anyway. Those new stockers are floating out in the breeze on the '06.

So for those of you who were asking, yes it looks the same.

All the info is here..

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=3024

Thanks!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
A most excellent farkle item for all you waiters out there. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I used the Freeway Blaster horns (one high freq., one low) as they are a bit smaller and seem to have a more European tone than the Magnum Blasters, which sound more Detroit to me. Either model will work with Randy's harness, which is highly recommended by myself and about 100+ other happy customers.

Thanks toecutter, I forgot to mention that.

This harness will work with ANY pair of high current aftermarket horns. The Freeway blasters are very nice sounding, as just stated, and are slightly smaller than the MB's.

And IMHO, are not at all that much lower in volume. I personally can't tell a real difference between the Freeways and the Magnums.

This might come into play more on the '06 considering the curved radiator. There's a chance the MB's will be a REAL tight fit.