Mail Pouch By - August 20-21-22

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motocbiker

Reaction score
Cross posted for those of you who may be looking for a SE Ohio Weekend...registration forms and other info at www.sporttouring.us

Register at the hotel for last minute riders. Look for neighboring hotels as the Holiday Inn may be booked already.

Mail Pouch Fly-By - Marietta, OH

Date: August 20 - 22, 2010

Event Co-Ordinator: Jon Campbell

In 2010 we will be returning to Marietta for the Mail Pouch Fly-By. Join 150+ members (growing every year) for the best sport touring roads Ohio and West Virginia has to offer. We will once again use the Holiday Inn Marietta for our host hotel.

Your $20 registration fee includes:

•The Unparalleled roads of South Eastern Ohio & Western West Virginia.

•Friday Night Cook Out

•Saturday Night Catered Meal

•Welcome Packet

•Door Prizes

•World Class Motorcycling

Meals will be catered by Buffalo Johns with Breakfast available from 6 - 9 am for $5.00 on-site.

Mail Pouch Fly-By 2010 Pre-registration form:

REGISTRATION FORM 2010.pdf

Pre-registration ends August 18, 2010

Pre-registration forms with shirt orders must be in our hands by August 4, 2010.

A limited number of shirts will be available at the event. To be assured of getting a shirt, you must pre-order on the pre-registration form.

Host Hotel Information:

Rooms are on hold under the name of the MSTA. Call the motel to make your room reservation, ask for one of the MSTA rooms on hold. Room reservations are your responsibility.

Rate: $69.00 per night, double occupancy (plus tax).

Rooms not reserved by August 7, 2010 will be released.

Holiday Inn Marietta

701 Pike Street

Marietta, OH 45750

Phone: 740-374-9660

Free 1 Year MSTA Membership Offer

Not an MSTA member, no problem. We'll give non-MSTA members a free 1 year standard MSTA membership with a paid MPFB registration*. Here's how to get your free membership:

•Download & print the MPFB 2010 Pre-registration form: REGISTRATION FORM 2010.pdf

•Completely fill out the form and proper payment for the event.

•Download & print the MSTA Membership Application: application.pdf

•Completely fill out the MSTA Membership Application

•Send the MPFB 2010 Pre-registration form and event payment and MSTA Membership Application in the same envelope to:

MPFB 2010 Registration

c/o Jon Campbell

731 Holbrook Ave.

Lebanon, OH 45036

That's all there is to it. You can now enjoy all of the benefits of the MSTA for 1 full year.

*Offer does not apply to current MSTA members or previous MSTA members or HSTA members.

Win an Öhlins Fork Kit at MPFB 2010

Öhlins USA is pleased to announce that it will provide 20 mm Fork Piston Kits (FPK) to be awarded as prizes for MSTA members at select MPFB 2010.

Öhlins fork kits are designed to transform a motorcycle’s front suspension, giving a ride of compliance, comfort and control. Tuned for the personal needs of each rider, Öhlins suspension components can result in a ride that’s better than any new motorcycle.

Each FPK winner will also receive a coupon good for 25% off installation.

Winners must be present to win.

Öhlins USA distributes and services the world’s leading performance suspension for automobiles, motorcycles, ATVs, and snowmobiles. Öhlins develops its proprietary and innovative suspension components at the highest levels of racing from open-wheel auto racing, to Moto GP, to off-road competition on two wheels or four. Öhlins USA also provides training for service centers and dealers. www.Ohlinsusa.com

Definitely some world class roads...was just there and many of them have just been repaved...like 260, 255, 78, etc

Weather wasn't so good for us...but the roads were great. clicky

Wheaton, looks like a great route.

At this event they usually hand out 5 different routes and if you preregister early (too late now) they offer GPS files. The idea is that no one has to be the leader and dozens of small groups head out picking the route they are most interested in.

I think the event has been going on for 12 years or so.

Seems like you guys have been heading down there for several years as well. I think two years ago I rode with one of your riders, GR3 I think his handle was...a local Ohio rider.

More later...

At this event they usually hand out 5 different routes and if you preregister early (too late now) they offer GPS files. The idea is that no one has to be the leader and dozens of small groups head out picking the route they are most interested in.

Seems like you guys have been heading down there for several years as well. I think two years ago I rode with one of your riders, GR3 I think his handle was...a local Ohio rider.

More later...
I think that was me.You was riding a FJR and your friend was on a black bike,can't remember the model.From what I remember we went up 26 to 536 and 556 and back west,probably on 78, to the Hocking Hills area where you took some video of us going past the BIG rock on Clear Creek Rd.Is that the ride?

Still riding the FJR?

More later...
I think that was me.You was riding a FJR and your friend was on a black bike,can't remember the model.From what I remember we went up 26 to 536 and 556 and back west,probably on 78, to the Hocking Hills area where you took some video of us going past the BIG rock on Clear Creek Rd.Is that the ride?

Still riding the FJR?

Yes I am and nice to hear from you. I took your suggestion and starting riding PR2s, which you were just starting to enjoy back then. Bill was on the BlackBird and he was patient enough to nurse me back home to a waiting tire change. That video was a bit of an accident and I'm still not much into vid today. But I did write an editorial about Big Muskie, which you led us by. Wow, that was a great ride.

Wonderful to hear from you and I hope I get to follow you again soon.

Chuck

Last edited by a moderator: