MAJOR WFO-5 UPDATE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I anticipate is a parking arrangement allowing individual bikes to be removed at will, rather than an announcement over the PA "will the owner of the Silver Fukkin FJR plz move his bike" 100 times over. Glad we got covered parking though, that Reno sun would have us doing "melted dash" threads for a month. Good job WC.

I'm quite sure if MM2 is around, there'll be no messing with anyones bike. :eek:
Nah, MM's a big marshmallow. Who really really need is Thug watching of the bikes! :blink:

The only problem I anticipate is a parking arrangement allowing individual bikes to be removed at will, rather than an announcement over the PA "will the owner of the Silver Fukkin FJR plz move his bike" 100 times over. Glad we got covered parking though, that Reno sun would have us doing "melted dash" threads for a month. Good job WC.

Heh, can I park my FJR in your Gran Marquis, too? There's room for what, 3 or 4, right?

We have just heard from the Reno Hilton: it is CONFIRMED now that we do indeed have covered, shaded parking the entire event!!!!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
It sucks that we got bumped but I'll do my best to justify (for them) their treatment of us as second rate citizens. :devil:

"I'm a paint his town black, and paint his wife white, UH!" - Kid Rock

Heh, can I park my FJR in your Gran Marquis, too? There's room for what, 3 or 4, right?
Trailer trash poseurs must park their cages and trailers in the "Parking Lot of Shame", which is back around the east side of the Hilton, in between the food service entrance and the trash bins.

poke.gif

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's marked as such, fine by me. At least I'll be there, and in a position to intercept banquet chow as it arrives. Keep this in mind as you dig in boyz............ :D Special sauce tonight sir?

chefprice.jpg

rad, you deviant! :haha: And yet another reason to bring a Mickey D's Gourmet Dinner Bag!

Nah, MM's a big marshmallow. Who really really need is Thug watching of the bikes! :blink:
Watching the bikes is the easy part. Making sure nobody rides off with one is the hard part. Dealing with the owners is the really tricky part.

"You say your name is Tim and you go by the handle TWN? Okay. How come your wrist band doesn't match the I.D. I have of the bike you are trying to ride, sir? Please come with me and speak with this nice gentleman in the uniform......Oh, and Tim, please watch your head as you sit in the backseat of the car....."

"What's that, sir? Your friend Rad is riding your bike and this is his? Well sir, who is this Rad and what does he look like? Why, yes sir, that back seat will hold 2 people. No holding hands, though!"

"Oh Tim, you devil, you! Now you'd like to be cuffed to your friend?!?!"

"Why, no sir, I wouldn't think of posting this difference of opinion."

:D

:haha: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :haha:

Tipping!! It looks like we're going to be doing an obscene amount of tipping!

Watching the bikes is the easy part. Making sure nobody rides off with one is the hard part. Dealing with the owners is the really tricky part.
"You say your name is Tim and you go by the handle TWN? Okay. How come your wrist band doesn't match the I.D. I have of the bike you are trying to ride, sir? Please come with me and speak with this nice gentleman in the uniform......Oh, and Tim, please watch your head as you sit in the backseat of the car....."

"What's that, sir? Your friend Rad is riding your bike and this is his? Well sir, who is this Rad and what does he look like? Why, yes sir, that back seat will hold 2 people. No holding hands, though!"

"Oh Tim, you devil, you! Now you'd like to be cuffed to your friend?!?!"

"Why, no sir, I wouldn't think of posting this difference of opinion."

:D
Oh, yeah? Well you better bring your cousins and tell them to bring lunch... It's gonna be a looooooong weekend! :p :D

ID band? Fuck me! Does that require PayPal, too?! :fuck:

About the rad thing? :secret:

MM2,

Before you throw Rad and Nut in the back of the pokeymobile, let some of us with cameras know... for historical purposes and all that... :D

Groo....somehow I don't think pictures for historical purposes are in your plan..... :D

Some happy news to report this morning.....
We have just heard from the Reno Hilton: it is CONFIRMED now that we do indeed have covered, shaded parking the entire event!!!!

We are completely taking over the Reno Hilton South Entrance (that leads to the Outdoor Amplitheater). This is under a MASSIVE concrete awning (known as a "porte cochere") that ought to hold several hundred bikes.

This is excellent news... we are all set now for parking/tire-kicking/etc.
AH HAA! A BIG COVERED TENT to park under!!!! To all you silver feejer dudes who mocked me... :p :p :p

Way to go WC, udaman :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If there are any "fencers" like me I decided today to bite the bullet and just go.

I will be moving to Italy in the fall and this will be my last chance in a few years to do something like this.

Got a King size, non-smoking, room with a view for $161/night (Military rate)

Nothing close to the group rate but I just joined the FJR family in May 06 so I think I would have missed that boat regardless.

Looking forward to meeting some good folks.

Even though I will be riding from San Diego you can put me down as representing my home state of MN.

Rosemount, MN even (what a small world it is sometimes)

*In his best Bill Clinton voice* I feel your pain
A reminder of why I'll never ever ever ever use paypal again.

Long story short, they fucked up and tried to withdraw $2000 from the wrong account, wouldn't correct the problem, and then told the seller I was buying from to contact the police A FUCKING WEEK after Shitpal had cashed the check I sent them.
I had forgotten about your woes. After seeing the second post on that thread, I should be kicking myself in the ass!

Now go and bitch slap your admins ('cept skooter, my hero! :) ), wouldja?!

Thank you, slappy! :D

Oh, Benny sent. ;)

:lol:

Rule number 1 with paypal. NEVER, NEVER give them a bank account number.

Rule number 2 with paypal. See rule number 1.

If you don't give them a bank acct, everything works fine (except they try to embarass you into being "verified" - just ignore that), and you're covered by the credit card stuff.

This may only apply if you only use paypal to send money, I have no idea about receiving money via paypal. If I had to give a bank acct to receive money, I'd set up a seperate, unrelated-to-any-other-accts, bank acct for just this purpose, and a seperate paypal acct for receiving money.

Status
Not open for further replies.