Making chili for dinner tonight....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chili is the [SIZE=18pt]MAIN[/SIZE] dish by itself. It has the legumes, veggies and meat. Therefore, the sides would be the bread and corn bread is my favorite bread to go with beef chili. I like onions and grated cheese as a garnish.
Chili

Corn Bread

Beer

Perfect meal.

This REALLY needed fixin'!

Bowl of red...beans optional...dollop of sour cream...handful of shredded sharp cheddar...freezin'-ass cold mug-o-lager...

NIRVANA!!!

My personal favority chili seasoning mix...

carroll_shelby_r3_c3.gif

I was going to say garlic bread.
All the crazy locals here eat sphagetti in their chili. I say that's not chili, it's pasta with meat sauce now!
Here's a place that has made a ton of money on the concept of chili on spaghetti. There are franchises available to anyone interested......just $500 grand to get started. :eek: (P.S.: The wife likes Terlingua Red, I go for the Texas. ;) )

HERE>Hard Times Cafe

That does sound good Grumpy. But I thought "Chili" was with beans and "Chili con carne" was Chili with meat - a friggin travesty unless it's flank steak. Chili on cornbread pancake -- I'm doing it! We're cooking homemade pasta for our Italian class tomorrow, but COCB is next!
Naw, I always use briskett for the meat! A real chili person would never put beans "in" the chili, but would rather add them at the last when the cheese and Fritos are added!!

jimH

Yeah, briskett is good; and I'm okay with the beans separate, as long as they're pinto beans! And I got home a bit ago, and we're having chili for dinner!! E' una bella gionata!

You sonsofbitches. I sitting here looking at a can of Dennison's. I hope ya'll get gas.
Whut? Yer havin' chili fer supper en yew din't brang noe Beano? Thet's jist criminilly stoopid, y'hear.

I sauteed some celery, red onion and crimini mushrooms, then added some asparagus cut into 3/4" pieces and some chicken, simmered it all in white wine and then made a nice cream-based white sauce. MMM-mmm good!

You sonsofbitches. I sitting here looking at a can of Dennison's. I hope ya'll get gas.
Whut? Yer havin' chili fer supper en yew din't brang noe Beano? Thet's jist criminilly stoopid, y'hear.

I sauteed some celery, red onion and crimini mushrooms, then added some asparagus cut into 3/4" pieces and some chicken, simmered it all in white wine and then made a nice cream-based white sauce. MMM-mmm good!
White wine? Asparagus? Oh. ...........California.