Man is this thing ugly!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My eyes!!!! My eyes!!!! It burns!!!!! Thing looks like a humpbacked whale.

Last edited by a moderator:
fellaz fellaz fellaz - it's a CONCEPT bike. They won't be putting out anything that looks like that just like Yamaha won't be putting out anything that looks like these concept bikes. Instead of knocking it (no doubting it's ugly and looks like it came from the movie Tron), give them props for being one of the only American based m/c companies with any kind of forward-progress thinking. When was the last time you saw a Harley Davidson concept bike?

You clowns are funny. That thing is bad ASS!!!!!! I want one. Just because it doesn't look like a feejer doesn't make it an ugly bike, kids. Grow up for christ's sake. :argue:

It's actually slightly better looking in the flesh. They had it a Long Beach. Still ugly, though.

I tell ya what's got me yakking is all the funky, lame-ass mufflers on the new production bikes. Sadly, I think the end is quite near for after market pipes... It's obvious that the OEM's are bowing to pressure from governments to make production cans permanent.

:puke:

everybody's got an opinion...MAN, is that thing hideous! There, I feel better now...

Sorry, I have NO desire to drive a bike with 'the trunk in front' ; I'll take a fuel tank over a fuel bladder, thank you, and screw the automatic trans...yeah, I know, just a concept for now.

Why does it seem that concept vehicles are always either FINE or UGLY?

-just because it's a concept doesn't mean that they won't build it, remember...

witness the Honda Rune, Scion.. Xb? (the one my local Toyota dealer refers to as 'the clown car' since it bears resemblance to same at a circus) and the Honda Element....

Now this is more like it! :haha:

honda-NAS_G-3.jpg

Looks like a mosquito on steroids! :bigeyes:

If you look carefully, you can see the front end of the personal water craft. Its where the handlebars are. Kind of looks like they smashed the two together. Bad and ass are two words I would use in it's description, just not together.

And I wasn't talking about the Honda above.

Like TWN said, it looks better in person than in the pictures.

In fact, this Victory design is the most pleasing, and the least offensive of any Show Bike I've seen in person. That stems from the practiacality of the design.

I admit that on first view I was taken aback. However, after getting over my knee-jerk, conservative reaction, I began to study the bike carefully.

It's rider positioning is not very different from current cruisers.

The mechanical layout is quite conventional as well.

The major mechanical components are alread Mainstream items: The water-cooled, 800cc twin is very like that of Polaris's principal rival Bobardier's unit incorporated into the new BMW F-series. The CVT has seen duty in similar output Motorcycles, type Scooter, for the past 5 years.

All that varies to any extent is the body styling. It is designed to give a forward rather than rear-bias to the packaging.

Look longer - at the actual article - and it becomes more apparent this is simply a different, but still logical, and perhaps even better organization to the at least the cruiser class of motorcycles, and perhaps several others as well.

In response to the arch-conservative views, I offer that the FJR looks a whole lot different than the Hendersons, Apexes, and Standards of the early "real" motorycles. And as well, is an astounding mechanical departure from even the CB-750, X6 Hustlers, and Mach III types of only three decades past.

Better Motorcycles do look different, guys.

Thank you for the Honda pic! I do like that! Hey, where can we get one of those custom hand-hammered stainless steel undercarriage supports for our FJRs? That would look great in the garage! Ok Garauld, how much?..... ;) .

Move over Suzuki HiyaFUGHLEEE....you've been dethroned as king of yukk; matter of fact that Suzook is starting to look almost good....almost. But then it's already being challenged in the pain-in-the-eye dept. by that new ZX14....uuuRRP!

Looks like bike "designers" are being influenced by RVs to see how ughly shapes can get; or have they fallen for the Terblanche look???

DFO :beee:

Polaris has some very very deep pockets! Could be interesting to see where they are headed in the near future!

800cc with a CVT tranny.

Serious R&D has gone into this.

The drivetrain has too much invested not to go to market.

Fortunatly, style sins can be addressed between now and then.

Maybe the intent of this bike is not to win a beauty contest.

Maybe, it is to tell everyone that a Victory sport bike is coming,

and it is not going to be a "me too" Japanese copy.

I'll give them a golf clap for the effort and for going outside the the

600 / 1000 crotch rocket box. :clap:

Still fugly though....

quicksilver  Posted on Dec 13 2005, 01:56 PM  800cc with a CVT tranny.

Serious R&D has gone into this.

The drivetrain has too much invested not to go to market.

Fortunatly, style sins can be addressed between now and then.

Maybe the intent of this bike is not to win a beauty contest.

Maybe, it is to tell everyone that a Victory sport bike is coming,

and it is not going to be a "me too" Japanese copy.
Sorry, :( sad to say -- this isn't much. The Weber multi-purpose engine Polaris gets from Germany (think -- Briggs & Stratton) makes (maybe 50hp, naturally aspirated) and the continuously varialble (Salsbury type) transmission is a really basic (simple) drive -- nothing like a real transmission. This kind of stuff works somewhat acceptably in very basic machinery (lawn tractors, snowblowers, etc) but lags far behind what first-class motorcycle manufacturers offer.And that's not mentioning its looks...... :(

To think that Polaris can get up-to-speed with world-class companies that have been at it for decades, have been racing and competing on a global scale for almost as long, and can build anything -- is quite a stretch(imo).