Man is this thing ugly!!!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count me as one of the few old guys who believes the current way is not the only nor necessarily best way.

That said, it is really ugly. A fatal flaw for a vehicle type already proven capable of stirring passions like no other while still having functional utility.

I guess locomotive heads might be attracted to this one though.. :dntknw:

Now that Honda Skeeter on the other hand- Yeah Baby !

Last edited by a moderator:
Unique, yes, ugly, I would reserve judgement after I saw one in person. I agree with some of the other posts; sometimes different is good.

Yep, ugly. But...Those who think that a modern CVT tranny is useless for a bike haven't had much experience with one. Think about always being in EXACTLY the right gear ( if six speeds are so great, how about 1,000 gear ratios?) The new roller secondaries back-shift so quickly it's hard to even gauge. Come around a corner and instantly be at the peak of your torque band. CVT's rock! and this won't be the last bike to have one.

I do still like to shift though!

Lee

sks700  Posted on Dec 16 2005, 04:08 PM<snip>  Yep, ugly. But...Those who think that a modern CVT tranny is useless for a bike haven't had much experience with one. ...... back-shift so quickly it's hard to even gauge.  Come around a corner and instantly be at the peak of your torque band
Just what every motorcyclist needs -- not to mention newbies! These things have applications somewhere (and, they aren't the complete junk they used to be) but, I don't think there's a place for them in hi-performance motorcycles. Scooters -- put putting around, sure.......

ummm Randy,,

the Maxam is out , saw it at my dealer 2 weeks ago

looks like a mini van/jet ski from the back!!!

fugly!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its ...different...but CBX I remember the fully faired CBX in white, it was also ugly to some of us. And the first Katana was bemoaned by alot of us in the early eighties. I'm at a loss to understand the Hummer or the Scion Box-on-wheels, but then again I like pepto-bismal on corn flakes and it would be a dull ass world indeed if everone was the same...Viva la Differance !!!

Bobby

The original Katana was definately different looking when it came out, but ugly it wasn't. The designer, generally credited with it was Hans Muth, and he used form, color and texture in creative ways on the bike. Influence from that bike showed up in several later Suzooks plus their recent SIX cylinder concept bike.

The new Yamaha Stratoliners are another fresh design that relys on 30s Art Deco touches to create a cruiser that certainly doesn't look like a bad copy of a H-D. It is nicely detailed, but the colors are way to muted to serve it well.

The Polaris/Victory thingy...well it does have some interesting forms on it but the humpbacked front is just plain gtaceless as shown on the concept, IMhO as an Industrial Designer. DFO <_<

Yeah its ...different...but CBX I remember the fully faired CBX in white, it was also ugly to some of us. And the first Katana was bemoaned by alot of us in the early eighties. I'm at a loss to understand the Hummer or the Scion Box-on-wheels, but then again I like pepto-bismal on corn flakes and it would be a dull ass world indeed if everone was the same...Viva la Differance !!!

Bobby
Dang, I thought I was the only one who enjoyed Pepto on corn flakes :dribble:

Looks like Polaris stole a page from Confederate, damn if it dosen't look like the "Wraith" bike. Shit like that is just art, ment to be looked at not ridden. How the fook you gonna walk after ya get off it.

:jester:

It just needs some chrome and black leather and it will be alright. Or maybe a couple of saddlebags on the back to balance it out. Maybe paint it blue. Maybe just start over :D

It just needs some chrome and black leather and it will be alright. Or maybe a couple of saddlebags on the back to balance it out. Maybe paint it blue. Maybe just start over :D
Or maybe add a 20mm cannon.....rocket tubes...and sell it to the military for $10 mil a piece...they'd buy

Looks like something from a SciFi flick. Except that one would have to presume that the bike was considered attractive enough to gain market appeal in whatever society the movie was based. :D