Manitoba/Saskatchewan/Alberta FJR Owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crossed all three, twice, on the Trans Canada last summer. Most vivid memories of Saskatchewan were the warning signs of upcoming curves... about every 100 kms. :) Was discussing the cost of that trip recently with a friend. Figured about $150 a day average, which made me realize I spent about $600 in Sask. and Manitoba. Is there somewhere I can apply for a refund? :) Just kidding, I've heard there's scenery somewhere off the highway.

Crossed all three, twice, on the Trans Canada last summer. Most vivid memories of Saskatchewan were the warning signs of upcoming curves... about every 100 kms.
smile.png
Was discussing the cost of that trip recently with a friend. Figured about $150 a day average, which made me realize I spent about $600 in Sask. and Manitoba. Is there somewhere I can apply for a refund?
smile.png
Just kidding, I've heard there's scenery somewhere off the highway.
Four days to cross Manitoba and Saskatchewan? I did it in one day - not because I hated it but because at the time I needed to be on the West Coast on a VERY short schedule. Actually some very nice areas in Manitoba, especially going north a bit. Same with Saskatchewan although I have not done much exploring there. As with most places, you don't see much from the highway other than the wide-open spaces. Things change up quite remarkably as you get into central/western Alberta and BC.

The Trans-Canada is the fastest, most boring, way to cross the prairies.. I choose either #2, #3 to go East-West, or #16 if I want to go NW..

The Trans-Canada is the fastest, most boring, way to cross the prairies.. I choose either #2, #3 to go East-West, or #16 if I want to go NW..
I chose the 16 from Winnipeg to Edmonton then Jasper/Banff/Kootenay NP down to 95/3 at Cranbrook. Further but worth it!

Suddenly this thread became about the joys of crossing the Canuck prairies?

I was hoping to hear more from my brethren and perhaps learn more about western Canuck ride events...

That’s kinda what I was hoping..maybe a few of us converge on the Biggar Rally, or have a “un-rally” someplace where there are twisty/scenic roads...

Latest posts