May 2022 ride plan..

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In May the tourists will be in abundance, and so will the midges. And of course, being Scotland, it will rain at some stage. Or possibly the whole time.

So, make sure you have decent gear for the weather, midge spray for the midges, and patience for the traffic.

And don't try sampling every whisky behind the bar.

Oh, the midges! If they make those screen hats that are tight enough to keep out midges, which are the size of a hydrogen atom, get one. Plus the spray. Worst thing ever. I liked Scotland anyway though. And the roads are JUST wide enough for a motorcycle! I'm a little jealous, Bob. Good luck.

Wise advice…This will be my 3rd trip to Scotland, first on a motorcycle though. I arrive on the 6th of May, before the tourists and most of the midges. Klim Latitude gear will protect me from the rain. My route is designed to take me on single tracks as much as possible. Every time I go to Scotland I bring back a couple of bottles of single malt, with a preference for highland malts.