mcatrophy's 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcatrophy

Privileged to ride a 2018 FJR1300AS
Reaction score
This is my 2018 FJR1300AS. The "AS" in the UK means it's the YCC-S variant, available up until 2021 in the UK (together with the "A" and "AE - the latter being what is known as the "ES" in the USA). (None are currently listed by Yamaha.)

Picture taken in September 2018, from above the village of Applecross on the west coast of Scotland, looking across at the island of Raasay (maybe Skye in the distance).

(Bike looks the same as most FJRs, except much dirtier; hence the partial silhouette view as an attempt to hide the muck.)
Unfortunately my web site is currently experiencing an issue with its certification. If you can't see the images or are getting some sort of privacy warning, try these links: image as posted and the original.
(Click on image for the original)

Items added from standard:
50 litre topbox (repainted from its original maroony colour of my 2014);​
A wire tail with a cigar lighter socket under the saddle for a pump;​
Tomtom satnav;​
My home-brew heated vest controller and voltmeter;​

Current mileage about 20k. The last two years have been exceptionally low - I normally do about 8k a year (quite high by UK standards).

any transmission recall for AS model ?
Not for mine, though it would probably depend on the precise manufacturing date.

Should be possible to check if you know the VIN of any particular bike by asking a dealer if it needs the recall or has had it done.

Thanks for reply , im looking for a used unit which fully imported from japan in my country Malaysia . It's a 2017 AS model with 15k km on the clock , coming from Suzuki v strom 1000 , hope i will get used to the FJR riding position , as im 170cm with 29inch in seam .